Hatred... Genuine Hatred!!!

"Get off me now!!! You freak!!!" I screamed as I saw Lucy struggling against the man holding her.

I started to struggle against Dimitri, but he kept a firm hold around my waist. "I thought I told you to call me Dimitri?" He tightened his hold around my waist. "So please start doing so Grace." I was about to scream at him but Lucy's scream tore through the air at that moment.

I turned to look at her the moment the man turned her to him and slapped her across the face. Hard. She slumped against and my anger spiked to where my blood felt like it was lava.

"Damn it all!" Dimitri muttered behind me and tightened his hold even more. "She's fine Grace so if you just behave then we'll all be fine." He spoke in a soothing voice, but it had no effect on me whatsoever.

"I don't want to behave!" I flung my head backwards and was satisfied with the crack of his nose. Then, before he could react, I kicked back with my foot and hit him straight on his knee joint that also was surprisingly satisfying when it cracked and he fell to the ground.

I swung around and glared down at him on the ground. "I'm dissappointed with your rookie mistake... For some reason, I expected better from you." I repeated and ran for Lucy.

I barrelled straight into the back of the man holding her, causing him to stumble and lose his hold on her. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards me. He swung around on me and hissed.

"Little girls shouldn't mess with strangers. Didn't your mother ever tell you that?" He sneered at me as I gently laid Lucy down on the ground behind me.

"My mother is dead you jerk!" He didn't reply, just simply attacked with speed only seen from vampires in the movies.

He lunged at me full force but I dodged to the side and he went sailing past me. He tried to lunge low, to take out my legs but all that got him was my shoe in his face. He went down pretty quickly with a smashed nose.

I bent down to Lucy and lightly petted her on the cheek. "Come on Lucy! We kind of have to go and I don't think I can carry you all the way." No response. "Lucy!" I slapped her harder this time and she stirred. "I'm shattered and running with you on my back won't help so get off of your lazy bum and get running!!!" She stirred some more and I couldn't help but feel relieved.

"Did you just call me lazy and insinuate that I'm too fat to carry?" She asked while slowly sitting up. I laughed as a tear rolled down my face.

"Yeah I did." I can't believe that I let her get hurt. "Let's get you out of here and straight to some retail therapy." I said as I helped her stand.

We started walking at a painfully slow pace towards the door and all I could think about was how long Dimitri would be out for...

"Can I come to your retail therapy then?" Whispered a voice from behind me...

Guess I found out the answer to my question.

I didn't turn around, I just kept walking slowly with Lucy. "No you can't come, just go with your buddy back there. I'm sure he'd be happy to go with you."

He sighed. "If you behaved, this could go a hell of a lot easier for both of us."

"Will you stop telling me to behave! I'm not going to let you just take me and my best friend somewhere to do god knows what to us!"

"I can see that this is going to be a problem." I could feel him moving closer to me.

"What is?" I couldn't help asking.

"You." He grabbed my hair and yanked me back towards him, causing both me and Lucy to stumble slightly.

"Let her go!" Lucy screamed and started kicking Dimitri. He kept a firm grasp on my hair as he started to actually fight back against Lucy.

Lucy has never been a fighter, that was always me. Lucy has never needed to fight, but being fairly short at 5 foot 4 and being slender, with long blonde hair and bright blue eyes always seems to attract people to try it on with you. After my mum was murdered, my dad put me in every fighting club there was to help me to protect myself... Then I lost my dad.

So I might not look like the fighting type, I can hold my own... And I can protect Lucy.

Dimitri Kicked out with his leg to trip Lucy, but I kicked his foot to the side making it miss her by millimetres. That earned me another yank of my hair. "I really didn't want to do this." Damien muttered to me and I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my neck.

I screamed. "Oh my God! Get off me!" my head started spinning as he started sucking on my neck... Taking blood.

"You're a..." I said weekly.

"Yes." Was his reply when he pulled his head from my neck and looked into my eyes.

Lucy screamed as she caught a glimpse of the blood stain around Damien's mouth but all I could focus on was his hypnotic eyes.

"Vampire..." I whispered. He chuckled pulling me close to him and picking me up. I saw the other - vampire - grab Lucy and bite her as well...

"You're a clever one you." Dimitri murmured to himself and then smiled. "You're perfect for the job!"

I couldn't even open my mouth to voice my protests as he carried me towards the exit doors. I tried to lift my head to see if I could see Lucy but it suddenly felt too heavy to lift.

My eyes started shutting and the scariest thing of all... There was nothing to do but let them...

(DIMITRI'S POV)

As I held the little phenomenon in my arms I realised that she had only just closed her eyes. Even grown males don't last as long as that and yet she had not only fought one vampire, but me as well to protect her and her best friend... Not many people would stop for their best friend in this pathetic modern day human age!

What amazed me most was that all that fire came out of one petite girl who looked like she couldn't beat a fly... never mind two vampires simultaneously... Damien was going to have a field day with her, but he was right - she might be just what the castle needs to lighten things up around there!!