The Problems Are Only Just Beginning...

(GRACE’S POV)

I walked upstairs into the bedroom and shut the door behind me before collapsing on the floor with exhaustion, but not exhaustion from the exercise, exhaustion from Dimitri. The flirting was going well, too well that I had my suspicions about an ulterior motive on his part. I couldn’t believe that Lucy’s flirtation techniques had worked THAT quickly that he suddenly started calling me hot and becoming very HAPPY at seeing my bra through my wet shirt. SO he either lied about me not being his cup of tea like I did about him or he wanted something. What I didn’t know though.

I got changed while contemplating this and headed back downstairs. When I finally made it back downstairs the food was set on the table and Dimitri was sat sipping some blood from a cup. “Welcome back, I thought you’d fallen down the toilet.”

“I was going to try escaping down there but then I thought about the crocodiles in the sewers.” I snapped back and ungracefully slumped into the seat with a sigh. One look at the food and I knew it was a microwave. “Microwave meal? Have I taught you nothing?” 

“What? How could you possibly know?” He looked down at his own meal but you could see the square shape of the meal suggesting it had been in a container when it was cooked.

“You have you talents and I have mine.” I said cryptically deciding not to tell him because I could call him on it every time he tried to avoid cooking and pawning off a microwave meal on me. He was just being lazy.

He growled and ignored while digging into his own meal with too much vigor to show he was overcompensating for my benefit. After that we ate in comfortable silence together and he handed me the phone when I’d finished my food. I simply smiled and walked out of the house to call Lucy.

She picked up on the first ring. “Hey Grace!” She said cheerily and I frowned.

“Lucy?”

“Yeah? What’s up?” Did she sound rushed like I was keeping her from something?

“Why do you have his phone and why are you so happy?” I didn’t mean to be a mood dampener, but what could have changed so drastically since yesterday to make her this happy?

“He gave me his phone when he gave me to another vampire for him to keep with a warning that you’d just keep calling that phone so I should keep it. This other vampire is VERY nice indeed though and extremely thoughtful for me.” I heard someone mutter “babe, come back to bed,” from behind her and everything fell into place then.

“You slept with your new captor?” I said and could hear the derision in my own tone and winced.

“Hey you can’t complain when you’re planning on doing the same thing with yours!” She snapped and she had every right to. What right did I have to judge her when I thought about taking a bite out of the delicious Dimitri constantly?

“Sorry, you’re right. You’re happy though?” That was all I really cared about at the end of the day.

“Yes, finally I’m happy and not a prisoner! Dave says I can leave when I want but I think I’m going to stay for a while.”