Blowing Off Steam... Or Sharpening Stakes!!!

(GRACE’S POV)

I tossed and turned for a bit until I realised why I couldn’t sleep: I was missing Dimitri! Something about him being pressed up against me was so comforting that my body was now missing him and mourning his absence. Decision decided, I stood up and creeped to the door of my room and peaked out into the empty corridor. Both men were in bed with their doors only slightly ajar, leaving their silhouettes framed by the moonlight but their facial features left in darkness. It was Dimitri’s house so logically he would have the bigger bedroom.

I moved out of the door and immediately stood on the only creaky floorboard in the whole house! The house looked deserted I noted as I moved across as quietly as I could and snuck into the larger guest bedroom. Dimitri was laid so that his face was in the pillow and I smiled at the sight even though something felt slightly off about this situation. I shrugged off the feeling and had an outrageous idea pop into my head, if Dimitri snuck into my bed with only his underwear on and no shirt then it’s only fair if I do the same! I also felt strangely happy about being intimate with Dimitri without being INTIMATE with him... YET.

I removed the baggy shirt of his I’d donned on for bed and was just wearing some lacy black underwear. If this didn’t take the flirting stage up to the next level then I don’t know what would. I climbed under the covers and, before I could lose the nerve, pressed in his back and wrapped my arms around him. He was thinner than I remembered but I shut my eyes and rested my head on the same pillow as him. I was hoping he’d like the surprise when he woke up...

******************

I woke up with bleary eyes and blinked rapidly to clear them when I felt a weight on top of me. A figure came into my vision as my eyes adjusted to the sunlight and I was just about to smile at the feel of Dimitri above me when my vision cleared fully. Damien was laid on top of me, propped up on his arms staring down at me with hungry eyes. 

I couldn’t help myself, I screamed. “I knew you’d want me” was the only warning I received when his lips came crashing down onto my own. I tried pushing him off of me but his strength kept him pinned on me to an unbearable degree. He kept my arms pinned beneath me so that I started to become frightened rather quickly.

A cough brought Damien’s kiss to a halt and he smiled down at me knowing that Dimitri had been there all along; that made my blood boil with anger. “We’re slightly bus at the moment Dimitri. Would you mind giving us say and hour?” There was no way in hell I was going to spend ANY time alone with this creep again. This time alone with him was a huge mistake as it was, one I wasn’t willing to repeat.

“I think it’s time for you to be heading back to the castle before your parents begin to worry about your well being.” There was no emotion in Dimitri’s voice at all and that was even scarier.

“No, I think I want to stay and watch Grace’s training to see how she is progressing, it will give me a chance to get to know her even better.” The inference was obvious that he already ‘knew‘ me from last night even though nothing happened, but Dimitri didn’t know that.

“Then get dressed and let the ‘lady‘ get dressed in private.” I was shocked at Dimitri’s scathing tone about me when I was giving him the benefit of the doubt about him dating while wanting to be with me but he can’t offer me the same lenience?!