The Chase Is On!!!

The Chase Is On!!!

(DIMITRI’S POV)

I slammed open the door and went to find Damien first. I found a room locked and knew immediately that she had done the same to him. At least I wasn’t the only one who had been fooled by her, but I would not let her get away with it. She thought she was free? She was very sorely mistaken. I slammed the door which easily came off it’s hinges to land a few feet from Damien.

“She got away.” I said, bluntly stating the obvious but Damien didn’t look too concerned about that fact.

“You two had been getting fairly close since she arrived here and I find myself wondering who you actually brought her for: me or you?” He stood up and began pacing.

“She amuses me with her feeble human ways, nothing more your highness.” I said respectfully but could feel the lie sitting ill on my tongue.

“I want you to go find her and bring her back to me because I too find her ways amusing.” I nodded and turned to the head out of the door, but Damien clearly had more to say. “But heed my warning Dimitri, do not touch her more than you need to and do not grow attached to her because I WILL have her as my bride and future queen.” I nodded to him and left the room as quickly as I could. Damien used to be a pleasure to work for when he didn’t care what woman was in his bed, trust this woman to change everything, with him and me. 

(GRACE’S POV)

I arrived at the house where Lucy was being kept after hijacking a motorbike and breathed a sigh of relief. One vampire to go and we were home clear.

I walked up quietly to the window, amazed by the house because it looked like a country cottage where a frail old couple would live, not the house of a vampire, but everyone had to have their own ideal ‘bachelor pad’. The vampire from the auction was talking on the phone, looking disgruntled before snapping it shut and being on red alert. Must have been Dimitri, I scowled at the thought of him and moved around to the next window and saw Lucy pacing up and down the room with the door shut and no doubt locked.

As she turned to the window she noticed me and ran over to it trying, and failing, to pull it up. I looked up to the top floor window, which had been left open and noticed the vines that led up to it. I pointed to it to let Lucy know of my plan to get into the house and she nodded just as the vampire walked into the room. I moved to the side before he could see me and started climbing the vines. I creeped in the window and made my way to the stairs feeling hopeful that so far this was going well. What I didn’t expect was a locked steel door at the top of the stairs that would not budge. “Great.” I whispered and shook my head at my luck ending so soon, until I heard footsteps heading up the stairs.

“Stay up here until your little friend comes to get you and then Dimitri can come and get her.” He was explaining as I dashed into a room and closed the door until there was a slight gap, big enough for me to look out of. It didn’t matter though, he threw Lucy through the door and locked it immediately behind her. I rushed out of the room and ran to her side. 

“Hey you ok?” I checked her over and found no injuries, not even a bite mark.