Hormones And Hot Vampires Do Not Mix!

Fangs extended, vampires started to close in around me making my pulse quicken to a pace I was sure they would all know as fear. All of them had taken an involuntary step back after hearing about how I was a contestant as if I was about to produce fifty stakes out from between my thighs in this tiny dress. The only person to not move an inch was the too-familiar guy who looked impressed that I was more than he thought I was. "Hot looks and fighting skills. Where can I find me one?" He laughed and raked his gaze over me making my heart calm down and relaxing me which was no doubt his intention.

"Pretty face and a personality. I think I just found me one." I looked him up and down and when I'd finished he did a small bow but had a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

"Don't look now but I seem to have made two enemies in the space of about thirty seconds. That's a record even for me." He nodded his head towards the stands but I knew what I would meet before I saw both Damien and Dimitri scowling at me. It was then that I noticed the difference between the two of them.

Damien looked like an unhappy child who'd had his favourite toy pitched by another boy whereas Dimitri's eyes burned with the passion and possessiveness of a jealous lover watching his soulmate being pursued by a suitor that wasn't him. One guy had thrown me into the middle of a group of angry vampires who could easily kill me and the other cheated on me with his supposedly dead wife it still wanted me. When had my options become so limited?

"Don't be afraid of these goons either, they're just intimidated by you." Too familiar guy's voice startled me and I realised that I'd just been stood staring at the stand like a brainless nitwit.

"Why should I fear a group of vampires that think that the only way to defeat me is a mass attack against one lone human female? That reeks of fear to me." I looked up into Damien's eyes. "And a pathetic show of supposed power and dominance doesn't intimidate me either." The circle started closing in on us with me and too familiar guy in the centre of it but he made no move to leave me on my own and for that I was grateful.

"We'll I've been against worst odds and come out on top." He said and there was no hint of sarcasm or boasting in his tone meaning that he was telling the truth.

"If that's true then class me as impressed."

"I'll show you some of my moves sometime." The double entendre didn't escape my notice but the blur of motion in front of me cut of my response and the broad back that had suddenly appeared in front of me blocked my view of anyone else in front.

"If anyone is going to show you any moves it will be me and me alone so don't think otherwise." Dimitri hissed over his shoulder at me but I wasn't paying that much attention to his words while his strong back narrowed at his hips to show a firm butt that I couldn't seem to move my gaze away from and wasn't quite sure if I was physically drooling.

It was as if he could feel my gaze on him because he glanced over his shoulder and dragged me into his embrace, keeping me firmly against the full front length of him letting me know without a doubt that he'd seen me watching him. "You may not want to but you'll always desire me Grace as I'll always crave you." His husky whisper in my ear had my treacherous body shivering for his touch an aching with need for him. "Just let go and say yes Grace and I'll be all yours until the end of time." His words sounded like angelic music to my ears but they also brought with then images of him taking his vows with his wife.

"Three's a crowd Dimitri." I whispered back on my tiptoes so I could reach his ear but that was a mistake because he used to he opportunity of my stretched out form to pull me even closer to him, my breasts pushed up against his solid muscular chest and straining against the tight dress I was wearing. I thought I heard him moan but the sound was carried away with us blurring until we came into the stands where Damien was sat while the vampires just stared up at us, this time when they stared at me however it was with a ton of suspicion and only partial lust.

Dimitri guided me towards my chair next to Damien and once I sat down plonked himself in the seat directly next to mine rather than the throne seat next to Damien that was rightfully his to sit in. I leaned into Dimitri and he mimicked my actions making us even closer than was proper etiquette I was sure. "I think you're in the wrong seat." I murmured and was extremely conscious of the people watching no doubt thinking I was a slut coming in with one prince and flirting with another.

"My seat is next to wherever you are because I don't need a title, I just need you." He quickly squeezed my hand to accentuate his statement but let go before I needed to pull my hand back away from him. He moved away from me and sat back in his seat with a smug look on his face as if I would just fall into his arms as soon as this first tournament was over just because I was in a puddle at his feet with how much I needed him.

"Begin the tournament!" Damien suddenly shouted making me jump and sit back in my own seat readying to watch the fights to try and pick up any guards weaknesses in preparation for my own fights.

When all of the other contestants had taken up their seats in the stands on the opposite side to our own, a guard and a trainee stepped up into the ring and with a quick flick of his wrist the fight started and it was gruelling. The guard never let up on the trainee who was clearly not ready for the competition and he was being beaten to death only a few metres away from me. The trainee landed on his back and every time he tried to get up the guard pounded him back down into the ground but what was worse was when he stopped moving but the guard carried on beating him as if to prove a point.

"Damien stop the fight he's clearly done!" I snapped and Damien smirked at me and I could see what he was doing. I hurt him and he knew seeing this continue would hurt me. I turned away from him and to Dimitri. "Dimitri please stop this. This isn't a competition it's murder." Dimitri didn't think twice before shouting, "enough!" And immediately the guard stopped and stepped away from the guy on the floor who hadn't moved in quite a while.

I breathed a sigh of relief that it had stopped but when I turned to glare at Damien for not stopping it he was looking at me with uncontrolled rage in his eyes and his fangs elongated. "You push me Grace and you won't like it when I push back." He turned away from me and ignored me for the rest of the matches.

Fight after fight went but none were as brutal as the first one but brutal enough for me to be thankful when they were over with for the night and Dimitri gently grabbed my arm to help me up and lead me back to my room. Just before we walked out of the door I chanced a glance over my shoulder and saw Damien shooting daggers at me with his eyes still sat on his throne and I couldn't believe the difference between the hateful monster I was seeing and the slightly vulnerable guy who just wanted someone to see him as more than a title.

"It's usually better if you don't look back at him to see what he can truly be." Dimitri told me as he led me along the quiet corridor towards my room.

"Well it beats walking down a set of steps to see what someone can be like." I shot back and was thankful that we'd reached my room so I could yank my arm out of his grasp and actually make it to my bed without fatigue making me fall flat on my face in front of him.

"She kissed me Grace." He sighed and as I leaned back to avoid his hand trying to grab my face my back hit the door allowing him to gently grab my chin and raise my gaze to his. "There is only one girl I love and will ever love and she is stood in a dimly lit hallway currently glaring up at me because she's fighting against her love for me too. When she stops fighting it I'll still be waiting for her and thanking the gods that be for my look in finding her.

I couldn't here this now because I knew that as soon as I believed him then I would stop fighting just like he said and I needed to be mad at him right now. "Go to hell Dimitri." I spat out the words and opened my door behind me so I could take a step out of his grasp but when he looked as if he might follow me in he thought twice about it and stayed where he was.

"I'm already there without you Grace." His sad smile pulled on my heart strings ad then he was gone down the corridor and no doubt in the corridor parallel to my own. How far was his room away from my own? No! I shouldn't be thinking of him in his rooms stripping out of that suit to reveal his toned body- I shook my head and walked straight past my beckoning bed and into the bathroom. Before I needed anything I needed a cold shower otherwise I. Never going to sleep with those thoughts and images flowing through my mind.

If I didn't know it before then I certainly knew it now: no matter what, I was never going to be through with my vampiric bad boy prince. But did I want to be?