The Long Ride Back...

(DIMITRI'S POV)

She couldn't be falling for me because that would be a disaster. Damien wouldn't stand for it and that would only lead to her getting hurt. He'd rather see her dead than let me have her and I couldn't live if anything happened to her. God damn it, I was in love with that stubborn woman even if she didn't see it. This was stronger than I even felt when I was in love with my wife and I remember worshipping the very ground that woman stood on. Or laid on!

I couldn't believe she was such an amazing woman after everything that had happened to her. A sound of a twig snapping sounded, drawing my attention from my thoughts to the woods. The footsteps stopped and everything went silent, the birds stopped chirping, the bees stopped buzzing and even the trees seemed to reject the winds pull on them so there was no sound. A gentle breeze sent a smell to my nose that I seemed to recognise but then, all of a sudden, it was gone which either meant that there was no one there or that they'd gone in the direction where the wind wouldn't blow their scent towards me. The house. Grace.

I barged through the front door in the next second and followed the foreign scent into the living room to see a female with black hair stood there with her back to me. I tensed before she'd even turned around. "Is that anyway to greet your wife Dimitri?"

She turned around to reveal the one woman I thought I was never going to see again. "What are you doing here Isobell?"

(GRACE'S POV)

Loud voices echoed up the stairs making me want to throw something at the door. Lucy really needed to keep her dates quieter when they came over. I sat up and smoothed the wild hair out if my face and noticed that I wasn't at home. I was with Dimitri while Lucy was out having a good time with Dave. Who could Dimitri possibly be talking to out in the middle of nowhere unless Damien had returned. I hope it that Dimitri's losing his mind rather than it be Damien.

I padded across the floor and made my way downstairs and as I got closer to the living room the voices began to get clearer and one became distinctly more feminine. "What are you doing here Isobell?" Dimitri asked and that name sounded very familiar but I couldn't put my finger in why it did so I sat on one of the steps, out of view of the room and its' occupants but within listening distance.

"You knew I'd always come back for you Dimitri." Had her tone dropped an octave?

"Why would you?"

"Because I love you. I always loved you." Bitch.

"Is that why you had a man hunt sent to kill me all those years ago? I thought you were dead!" Isobell. His wife.

"I was scared Dimitri! I didn't know about vampires back then and when you stormed out it was an impulse but then Damien explained to me and changed me so that I could try and find you. I've been searching for you this entire time." My heart stopped beating while I waited on the edge of the step for every one of he answers.

"Damien changed you?" She must have nodded. "Then why didn't he keep you in his kingdom to find me? I've been by his side the entire time."

"He said that he couldn't have someone like me associated to him so I had to leave and try to find you on my own-"

"But I bet he told you where to find me today though didn't he?"

"I didn't need help because I had my love to guide me to you." Oh barf! What does she want? A medal for cheating on her husband with all the men around and then her husband back after trying to have him killed? I just couldn't wait to hear his rebuff to that!