Chapter 25

:) i'm updating again!

****

Chapter 25

(Harry's POV)

"It is so hot. We're crossing barren wasteland and we have no water. We are sure to die!" Ellie yelled, panting with the rest of us as we crossed over it. This journey has been so long. We've been traveling for a whole month, trying to find them. The Ipsum. They're supposedly legendary creatures that entered this world with Charisma. Protective supernatural beings. We've gone looking for them. I'm not sure where exactly we're going to find them.

(Logan's POV)

"They'll come to me. They'll find us," Ella argued with me.

"And how are you so sure?" I asked her, scoffing. This journey has made all of us become so impatient and sick of each other.

"Well, Charisma is inside of me, right? Their job is to protect her, so they must be able to detect where she is," Ella stated as if it was the most simple thing to understand in the world.

"So then why didn't they come to the rescue when we needed them at the battlefield?" I asked, intent on being correct about this. A part of me didn't want to be right, though. It would mean this whole journey was in vain.

"Maybe they just didn't make it in time. Maybe they're on the other side of the country and they didn't have time to make it," Ella argued more, equally intent on being correct.

"Aren't they supernatural creatures?" I asked, and she huffed and turned around. Win for Logan.

(Ella's POV)

Logan pisses me off so much! He is so hardheaded and doesn't realize that I am the leader here! I know what I'm talking about! I read the books on Charisma, I have her in me. She's probably the one telling me that they can detect my presence. How else would I know? I don't know. Maybe I'm just going crazy. Well, if I am, then none of them will ever trust me again. I mean, we traveled miles and miles and miles for what? A hopeless mission. Harry was in on it the second I proposed the idea, but the others were harder to convince. Especially Logan.

He's such a doubter. I don't think they understand what I've been through and how desperate I am to find answers. We need to win. Evil cannot win. It's not supposed to. This isn't how it's supposed to go. We were supposed to win, and this is our last chance. If he isn't with me on it, then I don't know what I'm going to do when I need to trust him. Why did he even come anyways?

(Ellie's POV)

Logan came to protect me. I know it. He's been eyeing me for a year. I think he might like me a little. I don't know. Maybe he just thinks of me as like a little sister or something. I don't know what to think. I sort of like him. There's no one else I have, and I have to end up getting married or something like that someday, right?

"Logan?" I asked, waking him up. He groaned, but opened his eyes.

"Ellie? What's wrong?" he asked, shooting up from his laying down position.

"Can we go talk?" I asked, and he nodded. We got up from where we set up camp and walked over a little ways away. "I need to tell you something. Please tell me if it's awkward."

"Okay," Logan replied.

"I think I like you," I told him bluntly. He looked surprised, but smiled.

"Really? I like you, too," he smiled, blushing a little.

"And I thought well we're getting to that age," I shrugged. He looked at me very confused. "We're getting to that age where we should get married."

"That's true. And you're proposing that we get married, since there's no one else?" Logan asked, and I nodded. This is much easier than people say it is.

"Yeah, why not? I mean, we get along, and there's no one else I'd really marry," I explained, and he nodded.

"Yeah. So we're married now?" he asked, laughing. I laughed with him. The traditional marriage is no longer valid. You basically just say you're married and that's enough.

"Yep," I smirked, kissing him. My first kiss. It's odd.

"Great. After this all blows over, we should get settled, huh?" he asked, hugging me tightly.

"Sure," I replied. This is nice. For once.

***

awkward marriage oh whale

Love,

~B~xx