Chapter sixteen

One moon till battle, only one! I need to look at all the queens' and recruited toms' battle skills. I can't let anything go wrong. Lives might end because of me! I can't let that happen.
   "Ok. I need to see everyone's battle moves. We fight in one moon, and I need everything to go according to plan," I meow to the rebels in front of me.
   "Yes, Dreamfrost," some meow, the others nod their heads.
   "Good. I will look at Willowbreeze and Rosegold first," I meow. The two fight each other, Rosegold comes out victorious. "Good. Willowbreeze, when you are on your stomach, pretend you give up. When they let go, jump up and claw their ears off. Rosegold, next time don't be so gentle. I know you don't want to hurt your partner, but they need to be conditioned for the fight. After everyone has fought, I want all of you to condition yourself. Have another cat ram you in the ribs, stomach, head, and back, so you won't get the sudden shock of pain in battle and freeze. Practice lightly at first, then harder when it doesn't bother you. Mudbelly and Ebonyclaw will go next," I meow. I watch everyone fight another. I correct little details, such as foot or tail positions, or angles of ones body.
    When everyone is finished, I have them start to condition. Mudbelly and I go against each other. Even though he was my mate, he wasn't to easy on my. He understands the need to be ready for battle. With only minor bruising, all of the rebel cats go to bed. We had trained most of the day. Please, StarClan, let everything be alright.