Chapter one

Time flew by. I did what ever Mudkit or Antkit asked, if I didn't, they would beat me.
"Aw look! Dreamkit likes Mudkit and Antkit. Who do you think will be her mate?" Willowbreeze asked while I was grooming Antkit till his "fur shone." Antkit looked at me warningly, so I held my tongue.
"We'll have to see," Rosegold replied.
More time passed and more time passed. I was getting sick of this. But what could I do? Today we were going to be apprentices. This was great! I could finally get some space from those two brutes.
"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here beneath Speaking Stones." I hear the call of Fawnstar. It's time! A wide smile spreads on my face. I wonder who will be my mentor. The other kits and I gathered beneath the ledge, except for Rosegold's, they were to young.
"We are gathered here to apprentice four kits. Step forward," Fawnstar says. "From this day forward, till you have your warrior name, you will be known as Antpaw, Mudpaw, Ashpaw, and Dreampaw. Blueshadow, you will mentor Dreampaw. Pass your kindness for everyone and integrity to her. Poppycloud, you will mentor Mudpaw. Pass your honesty and intelligence to him. Brackenleap, you will mentor Antpaw. Pass your patience and the way you care for others to him. Mousewhisker, you will mentor Ashpaw. Pass your loyalty and love onto him," Fawnstar says. She jumps down from Speaking Stone and bounds over to the prey dip.
"We feast tonight!" She tossed a rabbit to Dreampaw, and a vole to Thornbush. She distributes the prey like this till everyone has one. There is still more prey when everyone has a piece.
"Dreampaw, share with me," Antpaw commands once he has devoured his stingy sparrow. I had eaten a little over half and was full, so I was happy to share. He ate what I had left in a heartbeat. After sharing tongues with some friends, the apprentices head off to their new nest. They need to get up early for training. So did I, so I followed them. I curled in a fresh and unused nest, and fell fast asleep in no time.