Chapter twelve

"You will be known as Bumblestripe and Leafshade, congratulations," Silverstar meowed half-heartedly.
The clan cheered their new names. "Starkit and Mistkit, you will now be apprentices to Icelace and Peacockwing. Dismissed," he added. Goldenray, her mate is Ashfall, Icelace and Ashfall aren't mates, was sitting beside me, her belly slightly swollen. Waterstone was mates with Leafshade, they were twining their tails together at the side of the camp.
I need to recruit him. He doesn't seem to think she-cats are objects. Bumblestripe, on the other side of camp, was playing with Moonpaw. I need to talk to him as well. I pad over to Leafshade.
   "Would you consider being my mate?" I ask him. He turns and stares at me.
   "No! I will only have one mate, and they will be the one I truly love. Like you, my love," He directs the last part to Waterstone.
   "Good, I don't really want to be mates with you. I want you to join our rebellion against the toms who think she-cats are objects. We fight in five moons," I meow.
   "I'll fight for the she-cats, without a doubt," he replies, licking Waterstone on the forehead.
   "Good, join our battle practice at any time of the day. Go through the nursery, and push back that moss ball. There is a small entrance to our training cave," I meow. He nods his head to show he will remember. I wave my tail in farewell, and head over to Bumblestripe.
   "Hey, Bumblestripe, will you be my mate?" I ask, Moonpaw looks sad. It'll be clear shortly.
   "No. Why would I be mates with you? I love Moonpaw not you," he meows.
   "I really don't want to be your mate, but I do want you to fight back against those toms who think they can get what ever they want. Will you fight with us she-cats in five moons?" I say and he nods. "Then join us for battle training in the nursery, any time of the day. Ask your brother for directions," I meow, waving my tail goodbye.
   I head back over to the nursery to train the kits.