Chapter fifteen

"Cloudpaw! Shadepaw! Nightpaw! Cloudpaw! Shadepaw! Nightpaw!" The clan cheered, their new mentors, Leafshade, Mudbelly, and Bumblestripe, look proud to be chosen to be mentors. Fallingpaw came fumbling over to me, after twining tails with Shadepaw. My poor kit still had a hard time walking.
"I talked to Silverstar before the ceremony. My name is Fallingfeather now," she meows proudly.
"Congratulations, you will still need to learn how to hunt once the clan is in order again," I say.
"Yeah, but that'll be fun. I'll be the best hunter in the clan, even with my disability," she meows confidently. We'll see, I hope your right. I imagine her trying to creep along the forest floor. Poor thing.
    The battle is in two moons. I hope everyone is ready. I head into the nursery. A cry rings out, echoing in the large camp. Oh no! Moonshadow! I race over to her. Two small white bundles lay in the moss.
I quickly nip one kit's sack. I lick it rapidly, cleaning its nose, eyes, and mouth. It doesn't move. I turn it over, and lick its chest in strong strokes. Still nothing. I press harder.
    "Mew!" It squeaks weakly. I sigh, and push it to Moonshadow's belly. Now for the other. I nip its sack. Then hurriedly lick it. Come on little guy! I push harder. Nothing. I press even harder. The skin on its chest moves up and down as I lick it. I place a paw on its chest, and pump. Nothing. The fluffy white kit is dead. I turn to Moonshadow and shake my head. She is licking a little black kit.
   "I'm sorry. The fluffy one didn't make it," I meow, my head low in grief. I paw the lifeless kit towards her.
   "Fluffykit," she meows as she paws the dead kit. "The other two will be Lightkit and Darkkit." I smile. Yes, Fluffykit deserves a name. Poor little thing didn't even get to see her mother before she died.
   "I'll leave you to rest and recover. Most of the toms won't care what happens to Fluffykit, but the queens will have her buried," I meow. She nods, laying her head down and closing her eyes. I leave to tell the queens the sad death of Fluffykit.

Fluffykit's P.O.V

   I try to breath, but something is covering my mouth. I squirm in desperation. I need to get air! I try to squeal for mother, but nothing comes out. A thin layer of skin covers my body. I paw it desperately. Why is it there? I need to breath. I begin to panic. I can't get it off. Can some one help, I try to meow, but the skin is in my way. My thoughts start to swirl. They mush together, my head hurts and my lungs ache. I feel my life ebb. Mother, help! I try to call one last time. I give up, letting the calmness of death surround me.
   I wake up, strange cats surrounding me. I can see! I hear the bird calls, and smell the grass and trees.
   "Hello, little one. You are safe here. This is StarClan. The land of forever hunting," a brown with white tabby meows.
   "Is mother ok?" I ask.
   "Yes, your mother is fine," she meows.
   "Did she give me a name?"
   "Yes, Fluffykit,"