21.

(40+ votes for next update.)

~

abel's pov

i'm damn near doing 120mph, speeding down these slick streets scared to death. it's already dark outside and lamar is sitting in the seat right next to me. the worst thoughts are running through my mind about my babygirl.

"abel, chill the fuck out! why are you speeding like this?"

I can barely even hear what he's saying to me. the only thing in my mind is the image of aria's lifeless body that was sent to me in that terrifying text.

"what the fuck is wrong with you, dude?!" lamar shouts again from the seat beside me.

"they fucking have ar-lexi! just unlock my phone and look at the most recent text." I lower my voice just a little.

I see out the corner of my eye him unlocking my phone, already knowing the password, and heading to my texts. he lets out a huge gasp when he sees that horrible image.

"who the fuck did this?" he asks.

I even start to tear up a little. "I-I don't know. they've been harassing us and they took her. for fucksakes, this is all my fault." I start breaking down.

"you didn't cause this, you know that right? it's not your fault at all." lamar tries to calm me down.

"yes it fucking is! I promised her I wouldn't let her get hurt and I left her when she fucking needed me." I sigh, my eyes watering. I run my hands over my face as we come to a stoplight.

based off the photo, I could already tell her body was on her bed in her loft. the surrounding area looked too familiar. I was headed to her loft right now and I was only about five minutes away.

"when we go up there, i'll get lexi out but I want you to take this for me." I pull one of my handguns about the armrest for lamar to take just in case.

he unsteadily takes it out my hand and tucks it in his waistband. he doesn't say a word but just silently nods his head. I know lamar isn't the type of person to do this type of shit but we're down for each other for whatever.

as we park in one of her empty spots, I rush in to the building and in to the elevator. I memorized everything here by heart, including her floor level and loft number.

when we're standing in front of her door, I take a shakily nervous breath.

"you ready, right?" he steps in front of me and I just nod my head.

"aight, let's go."

I slightly push the door open, and it was actually left unlock. when we step inside the pitch black loft, there's no sounds or any movements, just our footsteps moving quietly. I reach for the lights out of memory and flick it on.

there's no one in the kitchen and living room as far as I can see, but that picture was taken from  the bedroom from what I saw. we slowly creep up the stairs that lead to her open bedroom area. the room is trashed, but my eyes quickly divert to her.