17.

(unedited as usual because i'm lazy and don't give a fuck :)

~

continued...

lexi's pov

as soon as the ambulance stops, they wheel abel out while still trying to stabilize him. they said his pulse was rapidly declining and even stopped at one time but they managed to revive him. I run to follow them in to the ER, people diverting their attention to the sudden scene.

they wheel him in to double doors labeled 'operation rooms' and that's when one of the nurses in the hospital grabs me to stop me.

"ma'am, you can't go beyond those doors, you have to wait until he's out of surgery."

"surgery?" I panic a little. "surgery for what?"

"as of right now, I have not been informed on his exact condition, but I am required to ask you a few questions about the victim. can you please step aside in to this private room while you wait and someone will be there to assist you."

she guides me to the bright white room that was secluded from the waiting room. I sit on one of the sofas that was there and take off the slightly bloody hoodie and fold it up, leaving me only in my tank top.

my mind is racing with a million thoughts right now. I can't even begin to fathom the thought of losing abel. I love him, I really do, and it's sad I had admitted that to him at what could've been the final moments of his life. I just silently pray he's okay because he's the only person i've ever loved in my life.

the door creaks open slowly and I snap my head towards it. a man in blue scrubs says., "good evening, ma'am. i'm dr. burke and I am one of the surgeons operating on the victim."

I get up to shake his hand and we sit at the table across from each other.

"for starters, may I ask your name, who the victim is, and how you are related to him?" dr. burke starts.

"good evening, i'm lexi zhiloh. his name is abel tesfaye and he's my boyfriend." he writes that down on one of the pieces of paper in front of him.

"can you narrate what happened prior, during, and after the crash?"

"sure." I say. "I was in the process of moving in with my boyfriend, so we were leaving my loft with some of my belongings in my truck. he was driving my second truck to his loft when a speeding black car completely struck him on the passengers side, flipping the truck over on to the drivers side."

"thank you, now can you tell me what the car that hit mr. tesfaye might've looked like?" he asks.

"it was speeding so fast, I couldn't really tell. maybe it was a chevy suburban...I know for sure it was another truck that hit him because they hit him extremely hard."

"okay then. now did your truck have insurance and did mr. tesfaye have a license?"

shit.

"yes, I have insurance." I tell him. "and I don't know for sure if he had a license." I lie.

I know damn well he didn't have a license, but I didn't want him to have to face any criminal charges by ratting him out.