00.

~

movies like to portray a stripper as a lowlife, you know? I hate how it's automatically designated that a stripper has no dignity and will do anything for money. you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover without even reading in to it.

for example, a nineteen year old girl named aria jackson comes from a wealthy family. her dad is the mayor of her hometown, which happens to be toronto, a.k.a. the 6ix. her mom is a successful, well-known lawyer.

behind this well-painted image, their is a story no one would ever dream to tell. her father is an abusive, aggressive person that fakes his award-winning smile. his tyrannous ways makes life hell for those around him. her mother was no better; she'd sit there and watch everything go down without once interjecting.

as for his family? they suffered abuse daily. constantly being screamed and tortured every day by this father, she knew she had to flee. leaving her mother behind, she left her hometown with one thousand dollars cash and only enough belongings that she could carry on her back.

five years later, she was now living comfortably in miami, trying to survive her way through college. her source of income?

stripping.

and guess who that girl is? that's me.

I'd say I deserve to live comfortably after all I've been through

I'd say I deserve to live comfortably after all I've been through. without any financial help, I've made my way in to the world, proving that despite the odds, I can be independent.

so that's my backstory. that's also why I believe that strippers shouldn't be judged. I've been through a hell of a lot by myself, so I deserve some respect, am I right?

a college girl by day and a stripper by night, I guess you could say my schedule is pretty tight. with all this work I get, I have no time for anything but school and the club. this means being robbed of my social life and the chance to have a boyfriend. I wouldn't want one now, anyways.

my lifestyle has worked for me for the past five years. there's been no faults in my plans, and now that I'm in my last year of school, my life looks like it's going to be on track. after what I've done to get here, I'm excited.

now what happens when one little thing goes wrong in my plan? what happens when you meet someone who seems as if they are your guardian angel? they slowly start to change you and your attitude? they mess up your plan, causing your life to change dramatically?

and even worse, this person happens to be a guy.

before I knew it, everything had slowly started to change. and I was too blind to realize that it was happening right before my eyes.

this girl, who happens to be me, has adapted to the fact of being in control. now when she loses control of her self, she falls deeper and deeper in to her 'guardian angel.'

and by the way, this 'angel' goes by the name of abel tesfaye.

nothing was the same.