Chapter 9

9.

''Colby, what the hell are you doing?''

Sam was in shock.

''Sam, it's not what it looks like I promise!''

''Well, it looks like you're beating up my friend! Did she do something to you?''

''Not really but Sam I prom-''

''What Colby? I didn't believe Sydney when she told me you were doing this to her. And now that I saw it with my own eyes...I'm still in shock..''

I know Colby is a bad person but seeing them fight because of me...

I'm going to ruin their friendship.

So I spoke up.

''Sam, it's okay don't worry about it''

''What do you mean don't worry about it! I just saw my best friend beat up my other best friend!''

''It's okay he....wait, did you just call me your best friend?''

I was feeling so many emotions right now. Fear, sadness, happiness....

''Sam...I'm sorry..''

Colby apologized.

''You shouldn't be apologizing to me! And also is there any reason for you to be doing this? I can't believe you right now''

I feel so bad right now... They are fighting because of me...

Colby offered me his hand. At first I was questioning myself if I should let him help me up but then at the end I did grab his hand.

Gosh he has a really warm hand.

''Hey sorry for everything..''

He apologized.

I was going to say that it's fine but really is it? But if I don't say anything...I'm going to be rude. But he was rude to me ever since we met so I don't think that I'll be rude...

Am I overthinking this?

''Colby, you still didn't answer my question.''

''What question?''

''Is there a reason for you to be doing this to her?''

He didn't say anything. He just looked at the ground.

''Really? You're not even going to answer?''

Sam said.

''Sam, it's okay I promise. Don't be mad at him because of me.''

I told him.

''Not be mad at him? Of course I'll be mad at him! And Sydney, this is NOT okay!''

I tried to calm him down.

''Sam calm d-''

''How long has this been going for Sydney?''

If I'm complete honest right now...I don't know myself. I guess it's been so long that now it just feels like a daily thing.

''I...don't know..''

Everyone got quiet. I wanted to say something but didn't build up the courage for it.

''Colby....promise me you will not do this again. What you're doing is horrible but...I can't just stop our friendship. Maybe if you're being more friendly with one another you can actually be friends! And if that doesn't work out....Then you can just stop talking to each other...''

''Okay Sam...I promise.''

Colby said.

I looked at him. Should I be happy? Should I be...I don't know what I should be....

''But I have to go now so bye.''

Colby told us and walked away.

Sam and I looked at each other.

''Sydney...I'm sorry I didn't really believe you when you told me this was a thing...''

''It's okay Sam...I get it.''

''I just..can't believe Colby would do this type of thing...He just...isn't that type of person you know? You probably don't..''

''Actually I do...''

''What?''

I completely forgot that I haven't told Sam about that one night..

''I haven't told you but...the other night somebody was throwing rocks at my window and when I opened it I saw Colby and he asked me if he could come in my cause he really needed to talk to someone. To be honest I don't know why I let him in and how he knew where I lived but...I was really upset about Hailey...so I was crying...He did apologize to me then but I started crying and...he hugged me...And he also said that he could trust me...I was so confused but then my dad came in my room and kicked him out.''

Sam was quiet for a little bit but then he interrupted the silence.

''That's...I guess that's good.''

''Yeah, I guess it is but I just don't understand why he was so nice to me all of a sudden...It's like...he has two faces....if you know what I mean..''

''I get what you're trying to say...But I don't know...Ever since his brother-I'm not supposed to tell you this.''

''He told me...He also told me...why his brother did that..''

''Really? Then he does really trust you...''

''That's strange but...I think I finally found out how...killed Hailey...''

''Who?''

I didn't want to say it. I don't know why...I just didn't want to.

''Gage...''

I expected Sam to be in shock but...He didn't have a reaction..He didn't even blink.

''Do you...know about this Sam?''

He looked at me.

''I do know. But...''

''But what?''

''I don't know if I can believe you...''

''Wh-why not? You just called me your best friend a couple minuted ago..''

''Sydney...I love you and yes, you are my best friend..just..I've always been confused about something that you never clarified to me..''

''What is it?''

''You always say that Hailey got bullied by someone and took her life away with a knife...''

''That's true...''

''But why do you have the knife?''

A/N
GUYS GUYS OMG...
Yesterday I finally celebrated my bday and my friends BOUGHT ME DAN AND PHIL'S TABINOF😱😱😱😱 (I've almost read the whole thing)
Is there anybody else that's in the phandom? If there is....please be my friend. You can still be my friend if you're not though lol. (I just need an internet buddy you know?)
Also sorry about the cliffhanger....I just love my cliffhangers...
Have a great day!