Chapter 6

6.

I couldn't stop crying all day. I missed her. I missed her so much. I'll I want is to make her proud. I'm failing at it so badly.... I can't stop thinking about her. I shouldn't have opened that box yesterday...I shouldn't have.

It was 19:56 and someone wouldn't stop calling me. I can't get the courage to pick it up. Whoever it is.

My parents are at work...thankfully.

I just wish that...we could get together again. Like old times...where she used to sneak into our house by climbing the tree that leads right to my window. Where we would always have water fights...Where we always talked to random strangers for no reason...But it was fun. I just wish I can turn the time back and save her. But I can't. I can't do anything about it.

My phone was driving me crazy and then I finally decided to see who was calling me.

Sam: 39 missed calls

Jeez.

I took a deep breath and called him.

S- Sydney!

"Hey Sam."

S- Are you okay? Why weren't you picking up the phone?

"I...I was showering."

S- For 3 hours?

"Well the steam was nice."

S- Okay.

"So why did you call me?"

S- To check on you.

"Why would you check on me? I'm not a baby."

S- Cause I wanna see if you're okay.

"I appreciate that."

S- But now I got to go. So bye! Stay safe!

"Bye Sam! Will do."

With that I hung up.

I got my laptop and spend hours just stalking people on twitter.

Why does everybody have such a happy life? Why are they better? Why are they happier? But it really doesn't matter to me right now. What matters is Hailey. God I miss her too much.

I checked the time.

23:44

Wow. So early.

(Flashback)

"Woohoo it's 12 AM we're up so late!"
I screamed.

"And mom can't do anything about it!"
Screamed Hailey after me.

We poke holes in bottles, filled them with water and we were just spraying each other in my room. And by the way...It's winter.

"Haha I got you!"
She screamed.

"No! I'm so wet!"

"Let's get some towels."

"Okie."

(Flashback over)

That memory stayed in my head forever. It doesn't matter that we were 8. Gosh how much I miss her. Why can't she come back?

Look at these girls. I was on some kind of weird girls account. Wait how did I get here? But...they are laughing hard. Just looking at this makes my eyes water. I miss her so god dang much! I need her....I need you Hailey...Where are you when I need you the most? Where are you w-

*BANG*

I jumped. What happened? Sounded like someone threw something at my window.

*BANG*