Chapter 1

I was a small town girl that had never been to a big city, but here I was. London. We moved here because my dad was transferred for work and honestly I didn’t know how to feel about it. I had just finished my GCSEs and had to tell my friends that our dreams of going to Uni together were crushed because my dad’s work is relocating him to London. I had packed rather slowly in an effort to prolong the move, but it only worked for a short time. Once we got into town my eyes traveled everywhere, exploring the place I am to call home. We arrived at the new house and unloaded the truck in 3 hours flat. I arranged the furniture in my room to my liking and started to open boxes and unpack.

My mum wanted to explore after we had made a decent sized dent in the loads of boxes, so we walked to a bakery we had seen down the road a ways as we drove in. That’s where I met him. I walked in and my eyes scanned over the medium sized sitting area. He was sitting at a big round table in the corner with some friends. Our eyes met and he just smiled at me and I couldn’t help but notice the indents on his cheeks. I felt my face get hot as I smiled back and looked away. My mum and I ordered a couple cookies and found a small table sort of near the one the beautiful green-eyed boy was sitting at.

“I am going to go to the loo honey. I’ll be right back,” mum said as she got up and excused herself.

I saw him walking over and tried not to stare as he stopped next to my table. His voice was deep and soft as he spoke, “Hi,” his dimples punctuated his face with a wide tooth-showing grin. “I’m Harry. May I sit?”

I hesitantly nodded, “I’m Natalie”

He pulled out a chair, “I noticed you when you walked in, I haven’t seen you around here before?”

“We just moved here, into a house nearby.”

“That’s cool.”

My mum came back then making a surprised little gasp when she saw him. “Oh, hello I’m Nancy.”

“Harry, ma’am,” he stood and stuck out his hand.

“Nice to meet you Harry,” she shook his outstretched hand with a smile. “Natalie I have to get back your father needs me, but you’re welcome to stay with your new friend.”

My cheeks flushed at her words, “Okay mum. I’ll see you for dinner.”

“Okay then,” her smile was almost teasing and I knew I would hear about it later.

“Nice mum you have there,” he smiled like he knew about the hidden meaning during our little exchange.

I chuckled, “Thank you.”

We sat and talked for a good few hours, getting to know each other a little bit. His friends had left a while back and now I looked at the time and realized it was almost dinner time. “Oh, wow. I didn’t realize it was so late. I have to get going, but it was very nice meeting you Harry.”

 “Likewise,” he nodded with a smile. “Maybe we can get together sometime and I could… show you around,” he said with a slight shrug.

“That sounds great.”

I gave him my number, delighted that I had a friend in this new place.