Chapter 25- The Trial

sorry for not updating in so long.

read comment

sorry for any mistakes

>>>

KARTER

"My son, sit down." The queen sat down on the edge of her bed, giving a very weak smile.

"I-I am sorry for lying to you all those years." I still loved her regardless of what I knew. I had known for some time now but I didn't care and I was never going to let her know I knew, but I wanted to hurt her just as much as she hurt me because Grandma meant something to me, even if she didn’t like her. Grandma was grandma to me even if she wasn't my biological one.

"You see when the king’s first wife died and I married the king, I couldn't give birth and I would never have been able to give him a son. Before your father there was a man, my first love and he was very abusive Karter to the point where I knew I would never have children again. But with my horrible past the king loved me very much, even before our marriage I told him hoping he would reject me, he didn't. I wasn't selfish. I knew I couldn’t expect him to stay faithful to me after some time especially when the whole Kingdom rests on his shoulder and if I don't give birth to an heir, the commons would start to ask questions. I trusted your father but I didn't trust myself to not get eaten by guilt at the thought he was trapped in love and marriage to me. So I found him a young wife who would act as a surrogate. Your mother was beautiful, oh she was. You have her brown hair.” She touched my hair resting her hand on my face. “And her smile. But she was dying and her last wish was to have a child to carry the family name. Although your father didn't want to, he was angry at me for a while for setting him up with another woman but he soon understood why I did it. I was trying to protect his crown like a good wife should. He finally agreed after I begged him. Soon you're mother was pregnant with you; we agreed I would pretend to be pregnant in order to not raise suspicions while she was covered. It all went well everything was going well. I could tell even the king was happen. I was even planning for the king to get her treatments after you were born to treat her illness. But on the night you were born there was massive complication and it was luck you came out unscathed. Her last words to me were to care for you so you never know you were born by another. I guess I failed at that." I got closer hugging the life out of my mother. She may not have given birth to me but she raised me like I was her own. It was by a misunderstanding that I found out she wasn't my real mother. But I still loved her nevertheless.

"A mother is not just someone who gives birth to you but someone who takes care of you whenever; in your hour of need, in your hour of happiness, in your hour of glory, whatever time or day or emotion you are feeling she is there to rejoice with you or help you. I don't know any other person as my mother but you. I never intended for you to find out I knew because I didn't care about that. But I love you mother." she kissed my cheek, crying into my chest. I've never seen her so weak and I hated it; I didn't want to be the cause of her pain.

"In so sorry, I love you." I smiled resting my chin on her head.

>>>>>> 

AISHA

"I don't think the prince killed his grandmother your honour. He loved her." Mrs. Wilkstrom, grandma's next door neighbour stated. She had been one of the four people in favour of Karter rather than against him. The lawyer Malcolm Sty was truly beat in his field, not even when the opposing lawyer diminished some of his evidence through overruling, he slaughtered him completely.

The court trial was gruesome despite that I felt hope lift my spirit. I felt happiness surge through my veins

"I love you" I mouthed to Karter as our eyes connected. If this wasn't so serious I would be drooling over how yummy he looked in that suit.I was so glad he wasn’t bounded in shackles like a murderer at least they still preserved his dignity and gave him the respect a royal deserve.