chapter 3- royal madness

Karter------------------------------>

"you punched a member of the oldest royal family, what were you thinking?!" my aunt was grilling into me as we left  the station. I ignored her and put my feet on the dashboard and turned the radio up.

"Aisha, this attitude gonna have to stop, what is the matter with you, you're lucky Prince Karter didn't press chargers" what the hell?

"I'm lucky? he's lucky I didn't beat his ass royal or no royal. you shoulda heard the things he said about mum" my aunt sighed and kept her eyes on the road.

"god I wish you;re parents were alive right now, maybe they'll be able to talk sense into you. so what? violence doesn't solve anything!" we remained in silent all through the journey and I ran upstairs to my room. twenty minutes later, my cousin Jamal poked his head into my room.

"its me I brought you some fried chicken" I quickly sat up, giving him room to perch himself on my bed.

"I heard what happened coz, good for you! that jackass deserved it when I was there last year. he was so stuck up and everyone bowed down to him"  he cuffed me and handed me the chicken

"thanks, everyone still does I can't believe he is going to be the future king!"

"his he still with Lucia?" I nodded. Lucia was Karter's girl and they've been together for a about 8 months now. she's in my Spanish class and she seems quite friendly, the one time I spoke to her. even though they are completely different people- 'he is hot tempered, she's quiet. he is ignorant, she notices people, he's an asshole, she's lovely. I know shes going to make a good queen.

"I always wondered how he got with a girl like that" Jamal shook his head.

"anyways, what you doing home, shouldn't you be in college?" I asked him taking another bite of my chicken.

"came to see you, dad and ma. come on get dressed I want to treat you to the mall" I hugged him because he always does little things like this to make me happy, especially since we didn't have much.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Karter II

"what's up parent? what do you want?" my mum clapped her hands and all the guards and maids left leaving me her.

"what is this?" she asked me before flinging a newspaper at me, I looked at the paper and the headline had "ROYAL MADNESS" with me holding my face and Aisha being led away.

"oh fuck" I replied.

"what is the matter with you, I thought this kind of behaviour stopped!"

"Mum, that girl was saying stuff or I said some things back" my mum scoffed.

"things, uh that made her punch you in the face. who was the girl anyways?" my mum asked

"the ho in my school called Aisha Lucas" my mum's eye widened.

"Aisha Lucas...son I erm...have to go see your father. we continue this conversation later" my mum rushed out quickly, before I had time to ask what was wrong. 

Meanwhile....

"Baby are you in here?" The Queen opened the door to the kings office and peeked through to see her husband sitting on the sofa watching basketball. the king looked up and ushered his wife over.

"I have something important to talk to you about, its about Aisha Lucas" the king sat up and listened as his wife spoke.

"don't you think its time our son knows about the agreement, I mean this girl is his future wife!" the king sighed and agreed with his wife, who looked close to tears. he wiped them away and held her close.

"he's not going to be happy about it, I heard what happened today. Don't tell me that boy has returned to his old ways"

"hopefully not, I thought he had sorted out his anger issues. Anyways don't you think we should sit him down and-" there was a knock on the door and the king told the person to come in. Karter walked in and saw his mother upset.

"Mom whats wrong?" he looked at his parents waiting for an answer. the queen looked at the king.

"we have to tell him, I can't keep it in anymore" the king looked at his wife and nodded. he couldn't say no, he had a weakness for saying yes every time she looked at him with those eyes. that's what made him fall in love with her in the first place.

"son sit down and listen, we have something we have to tell you..."