Chapter 11- Royal Anniversary Ball

KARTER POV

Aisha was making me nervous just watching her. We were just about to make our way downstairs to the royal Anniversary ball and you could tell she wasn’t ready. I glimpsed at her, from head to toe and she really was looking beautiful, her long black hair packed in a bun at the side, with a silky red gown to match my t-shirt and the royal necklace. She linked my arms through hers to reassure herself not to fall.

"Prince Karter Moses IV and his wife Princess Aisha Lucas." people were staring at us as we walked down the purple covered stairs when we got to the bottom and I froze when I saw Lucia, she looked stunning in the green dress that completed her eyes. She sent a wink my away as we went to sit at our table, which consisted of Rule, Major, Louis and Lucia in that order.

"wow it looks amazing!" Aisha glanced around awed by the majestic hall; my parents were sitting on their golden throne. They had wanted us to sit next to them, but Rule's mum had talked them into letting us sit with our friends.

"wehey look who it is! The royal couple!" I gave Louis a death stare.

“I’ll be back.” I said walking to the gents. I washed my face repeatedly, my heart felt like it was about to jump out of its skin because a million bees were stinging it over and over again. I really wasn’t prepared to see Lucia. Oh fuck.

"Karter" I recognised that voice anywhere. She cornered me as I pushed the toilet door closed.

"How have you been?" I ignored her.

"Don’t do this to us" she trailed a line across my chest and I tensed up. She leaned in close, kissed me on the lips and sauntered off. 

I missed her kisses

"Hey man, where you been?" Major dabbed me as I sat down. I turned and saw my parents dancing; they were smiling and laughing together as they waltzed across the room. I sighed one day hoping to have the same love they did. I'm not gonna lie before Lucia I had my fair share of girls including Nina-still my biggest mistake. But what I thought I had with Lucia was real, until my parents fucked it up. They really know how to ruin lives.

I stole a quick glance at Aisha as she stared admiringly at my parents; I bet she was thinking the same thing.

"Prince Karter, please may I have this dance?" Lucia was holding her hand out to me, I looked at Aisha, and she gave me a faint smile and fiddled with her fingers. I accepted her request, as we made our way to the dance floor.

"I miss us Karter, I really do."

"So do I, but there’s nothing we can do about that." she smiled at me

"That’s were you're wrong, meet me on Friday at the Plaza 6pm, don't be late"

"That’s my birthday" she chuckled and gave a me a duh look

"Yes I know I have a surprise for you!" I nodded hoping I wouldn’t regret this. As much I was trying to stay faithful to Aisha, my heart was still with Lucia.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Aisha POV

"Are you ok?" Rule gave me a concerned look and I simply nodded. I felt a pang of jealousy watching those two dance. It reminded me of something I never had and wish I had. He touched my hand briefly and nodded.

"Princess Aisha, you look stunning tonight may I have this dance?" A tall dark headed handsome guy was standing in front of me, grinning.

"Adam, holy shit when did you get here?" Rule, Major and Louis stood up to give him a hug, I gave a confused look. Who the fuck his he?