Chapter 28-Step Down

LAST CHAPTER!!!

CRY CRY CRY!!!!

SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES, LET ME KNOW AND I'LL CORRECT THEM.

I climbed onto the podium, looking out to the people.

This was possibly one of the hardest things I've ever had to do but I was doing it for me and Aisha. I thought looking behind me at my parents, Aisha and Cesca and Luke. This conversation has nearly ended in blows because of what I was suggesting but they finally saw the bigger picture and I'm glad they truly did.

"Ladies and gentlemen." I yelled into the microphone and watched thousands of eyes staring back at me.

"I don't know what to say or how to act, I haven't been the best prince you could have had, I smoked, drank, got myself in tangles, I was a bad role model but all those things I did I now know why now. It's because I’m not fit to be a prince. I didn’t choose this life and I don't think I should torture the people any further, I don't think I should hurt the people anymore than I should." I scanned the people knowing I had full concentration.

“Whilst I was banished, at first I thought my life was over. I thought my future was over. How was I going to start my life again in an unknown place but I had my wife and slowly I started to realise it was everything I ever wanted, going home every night to my wife. No one knew who I was, no one judged me I had a fantastic job and a place to call our home. For once I knew I was happy that is why it is my greatest regret to have to step down." the murmur increased and the crowd shifted in their seats looking left to right in surprise.

"Please people calm down. There is still a monarchy and there will forever be a monarchy. That is why for the first time in history there will be a female monarchy."

"A female monarchy? That is absurd." A member of the audience shouted.

"No! What is absurd is the fact we are not seeing reason. A female monarchy is good for the country. We are growing as a country and therefore things need to change. We need to stop being stuck in our old ways. Woman should be able to make a stand and lead. Honest question for the men in the audience what is a king without a queen? In other word what is a husband without his wife, a man without a woman, a lost one, therefore a lost king." the crowd calmed down a little as I sighed deeply feeling an ache through my injured arm.

"I'm not asking for money or anything. I just your cooperation, I need you to understand women are just as good as men. Women are an important part of our society for that reason they need to be respect and have equal chances as men in doing things. This isn't the 50's, this is now!" I turned towards my sister ushering her up. She reluctantly agreed standing beside me in a knee navy dress.

"This is your princess as you know. But from this day forth she is your new queen." My sister's face shifted to horror, she started to protest but it was too late because I backed away moving away from the stage as my hands drummed together in a clapping stance. Soon the hall erupted, all standing up. It took me a while to get her to agree but I may have also twisted the truth slightly to suit my agenda. She thought she was my counsellor, the most important person to a king, not knowing she was the actually queen. What choice does she have now but to accept?

"Th-thank you. What can I say? I don't think I don't know how I should act but I promise to be a great queen to the people. Tighter security. More jobs. Better health care. Better establishments for those suffering with drugs, alcohol or any problems. We can make this society a better one thus a better and grander society. Thank you." It was a standing ovation and I couldn't help but to smile back as my sister waved to the crowd.

“You’ll be great Cesca, I know for a fact.” I said hugging her, the paparazzi and news agent were trying to ask me set of questions but I replied with no comment, those questions was for another day.

----

It was a couple of weeks later while I was sat in a booth talking to a healing Adam and Rule that I saw Nina walk in with a swollen belly. We all turned to glare and our eyes connected for a brief second. She was so embarrassed by the situation; she tried covering up her stomach with her hands and trudging back out of the cafe.

"It's Dean's." Rule fed my curiosity.

"Or Morris." Adam chipped in as he drank his cup of coffee.

"Are you serious?" they both nodded.

"I have to go meet with Aisha. We are going on a date."

"Date?" Adam asked in confusion and I understood why we were already married

"Yes. You know we decided to start afresh now we are just two normal people." they both looked at each other before laughing.

"No offence but there is nothing normal about you and Aisha, not one little thing." I ignored them, grabbing my jacket and heading for the fountain park.

---

We strolled through the breezy park hand in hand with cornettos on the other hand, nothing but silence and the crunch of the wafer cone between us. We would occasionally smile at each other like lovesick teenager and continue walking like we had all the time in the world and it was good, it felt good, it felt natural, I didn't know how long I and Aisha would last but I hoped it was for eternity. I didn’t go through that crap just to start where I begun. Suddenly I noticed someone pulling at my jeans and when I looked down it was a small dark-skinned girl smiling at me with two missing teeth.

“Belle! Belle!” Another girl came running over, enveloping the little girl in a hug, a huge relief displayed on her face.

“Thank you, thank you so much.”

“We did nothing really.”

“But thanks anyways.” She rushed off with the little girl in a tight grip and I turned to Aisha.

“We should have one of our own.” Aisha dropped her ice cream and stared at me with a blank face. “My bad did I forget to mention not known, you know in four five years time.”

“You could have said that to begin with, now I dropped my ice cream.” I laughed dragging her hand towards the ice cream shop again not before she took mine out of my hand and ran off with.

“Aisha! Now that’s just plain childish.” I joked. “Aisha, come back!” I had to run after her now or lose her in the crowd. “Aisha.” I flapped my hands about, looking around for her until I felt ripples of cold water hitting me in the face and slowly began to soak through my front shirt. I could hear her laughing before I opened my eyes and before she could disappear again I pulled her closer wrapping my hands around her waist and hugged her tightly.

“Karter.” She said when I didn’t let go.

“I love you; I don’t think I ever will stop now or never. Let’s just stay like this for a little while.” I felt her nod against me. I didn’t know how long we stayed in an embrace just enjoying each other’s warmth but it was the best feeling in the world and I hope we had more days like this to come.