Chapter 15- Trust

"KArter I swear-" I ran after him holding the newspaper in my hand. He stormed into the kitchen and slammed the fridge door.

"Fuck off Aisha!"

"Are you kidding me right now, why do you think it’s ok for you to talk to me like that?" he placed both hand on the counter facing the wall.

"Just go away, you disgust me right now. What more do you want? Whatever you want you have in your reach. Am I not enough for you for now?" he slammed his fist.

"I will never be enough for you Karter. So spare me the bullshit. If you don’t believe me that’s your problem. But I'm gonna say this once: He kissed me!" I huffed and ran back to my room but before I could reach the door, Tillie appeared.

"Your Majesty the queen requests your present at the palace." she bowed quickly and left. Urghh. It seems I'm about to get a telling off. I especially hate that disappointed or pitied look she gives when something happens.

>>>>>>> 

The room was becoming unbearable and I was finding it hard to breath. The queen looked incredibly pissed off, she was trying to keep her composure. I watched her lips move while my mind zoned out on how I ended up in this position.

“Those paparazzi will be trying to get a story out of you; you will reply with no comment and keep a straight face, as a future queen you can’t be putting yourself in this kind of situation. Do you understand me Aisha?" she said in a stern voice, looking straight at me. I bowed before replying.

"Yes your majesty." the disappointment was evident in her face, which made my stomach churn with guilt. Karter was nowhere to be seen, which made matters worse; I can only imagine he'll hate me even more.

Or worse in the consolation of Lucia

I grumbled at the thought. Why does this shit always happen to me? We were starting to get along really well? I dragged my feet to my bedroom but stopped abruptly when I found Rule standing by the door.

"What are you doing here?" he held his bike helmet on the bench and ran his hands through his hair.

"Are you ok? I saw the headlines." I itched my upper arm and sat myself down.

"For what it’s worth, I don’t believe it for a second," I nearly cried, almost but contained myself.

"He kissed me; honestly, i should have known he was after something when he came to 'apologise' for what he did to me when I was thirteen. He helped me up and shoved his tongue down my throat. urghh" I crinkled my nose in disgust remembering the taste of his lips on mine. I hated the kiss so much because it wasn’t Karter.

"It’s my fault, I should never have been that vulnerable." he placed his hands on my knee.

"Stop blaming yourself, he took advantage." I nodded

“Come on lets go get some ice cream. Although we may need to sneak out of the back door, the paparazzi are swamping the front door like hungry alligators." he pulled me off the bench and handed me his helmet.

>>>>>>>> 

KARTER

How dare she kiss him after everything she went through with this fool, I always hated that guy, ever since the day, he declared me his enemy. Sometimes he does little shit to piss me off in order to catch me of my game. He may have won once but he wasn’t gonna win this time. And Aisha what was she thinking before she kissed him.

Maybe if he hadn’t asked Aisha out back then, you two would be together.

My anger boiled remembering the incident when we were both 13.