Chapter 16- Broken

The way Karter was grinning, I knew straight away he was texting Lucia. That smile was sickly like lovers sickly, the kind of smile you only ever have on your face when you receive a text from your crush.

Mr Levy continued writing on the board while half the class listened attentively. I could just make the outline of the bodyguard outside the door and to the front left Lucia texting furiously on her phone. She had turned around a few times to give me a 'pity' look and Rule seductive eyes. I sighed tapping my pen on the wooded table but as soon as the bell went, I flew out of the room not glancing back, and bumped straight into Dean Jackson.

"Oh you." I rolled my eyes and walked around him, trying to merge myself further into the body of students but due to his basketball height he manage to corner near the girls toilet.

"I'm sorry for kissing you, your lips just look-"

"urgh spare me the details. Apology accepted now leave." he licked his lips and leaned against the wall.

"So I was wondering if you would like to go to the movies. That’s if you wanna." negative nostalgia flooded my mind remembering the first time he asked me out.

"What part of married" I showed him my wedding band. "Do you not understand? Stay away from me Dean." I scurried off before he could get another chance to converse with me. Nina appeared out of nowhere and linked arms with me.

"Come on lets go to the canteen." I told her, but suddenly her mood changed and she looked like she was about to cry.

"What's wrong?"

"Can we go somewhere where we can talk on our own?" I nodded the halls were silent so it was safe to go into one of the unused classrooms and talked to her, but she stopped dead in her track and turned towards me.

"Let’s go the other way nothing to see here." but I heard laughter and moaning, I recognised that laugh anywhere my heart was tugging me the other way to turn and go the other way but my feet decided otherwise and when I reached the door and looked through the glass, I felt my heart smash, break, crack, tumble into pieces.

It was both of them

Kissing, straddling looking like they couldn’t get enough of one another. Karter trailing kisses down her neck, her shirt unbuttoned revealing her bra. Lucia opened her eyes and stared at me, with a smile on the corner of her lips. She pushed him against the wall and prepares to unzip his flies. 

My eyes blurred with tears, knowing I had seen too much. It wasn’t my imagination playing tricks on me but I saw a smile play on Nina lips as she pulled me away. I stopped and tried to wipe the drops but it was too late the tears have already started gushing like a waterfall.

he promised to stay faithful

he promised never to cheat

he promised...that trust.

"Let go of me! You planned for me to see this didn’t you? I bet you set it up with Lucia to watch me break down like a fool. I bet you told her that I had secretly fancied him. I trusted you." I didn’t mean to say those things to Nina but it seems I was right. she clapped me, stepping closer cornering me into a wall. I was too weak to fight back, so I let her step in my comfort zone.

"Well took you long to figure it out. when are you going to realise no one is in your corner, even those you trust are the ones playing you, eating away at your fears. Karter and Lucia were meant to be together. You can't stop it, so face it. He may tell you he wants to play the dutiful husband, but let’s be realistic, he isn’t cheating, he is still in a relationship with her. You should be ashamed stealing someone else's man. Oh and remember that time he came home late on his birthday, well you can guess where he was at? Just get a grip!" she bounced away turning briefly to wave at me.