Chapter 23

* A Few Weeks Later*

The sun warms my scarred flesh soaking up my pores with heat and passion. Through the forest, I search for him. My light brown wavy hair blowing in the wind, my eyes glued to the setting sun. My heart beating with determination as I walk through the forest searching for a certain 32ft tall mech.

"I can't believe I'm about to do this," I say to myself, bringing myself back down to Earth. I shiver.

I'm such a sap!

My heart pounds against my ribcage. "Crap," I sneer, silently cursing myself out.

"How could I leave my jacket in Blue' trunk!?" I said loudly, wrapping my arms around myself not wanted Optimus to see my horribly scarred arms.

After my entire life of being shunned and hurt and rejected and abused, would he love me? Does he know anything regarding my past? The thought is puzzling. Would Optimus think less of me if he knew I was abused and beaten when I was a child like everyone else? I didn't want to risk it, but I also didn't want to reject someone who may actually love me.

I smiled a little bit and continued walking. It's funny. We all saved the world from mass destruction, several people saw us in Mission City, and yet no one really knows. I mused.

I snorted. The thought running through my mind. After it was all over, which included my house, Judy and Ron. Insisted I live with them thanks to the help of Sam begging of course. I may have lost my house but I managed to gain a new one, a family. I'm happy.

I'd thought after the war was over Optimus wouldn't need me anymore I mean why would he, you know? All of my life I experienced endless amounts of heartache, pain, and abuse. Then this heroic mech comes along and makes me feel like I matter again?

I approach a few trees looking for the one mech that makes my heart skip. My heart beats so as I felt his aura lieu nearby.

I mean what cybertronian femme wouldn't want Optimus? He's brave, kind, fearless, majestic, holds true leadership, and among other things.

The butterflies return as I think about my blossoming feelings for Optimus and I didn't know how to turn it off. Maybe the only reason why I may be progressing feelings is that he saved my life. More than once.

I flushed crimson at the possible thought. Stay still my beating heart! You're not suppose to feel anything! I can't even bring myself to think about it, I cannot have feelings for him. I sighed.

Leaves and twigs snap underneath my sneakers, bewildered by my possible emotions.

"Optimus, may I speak with you...?" A swarm of butterflies swimming around in my belly. I'd some things on my mind. Well, one thing really, and I'm pretty sure he's the only one who'll answer me.

"What is on your mind, Lily?" Optimus murmurs.

"What is love like on Cybertron?" I asked.

Optimus looked thoughtful.

"Why do you ask?" he clarified. I nodded.

"Just want to know that is all," I mumbled.