Chapter 5

I snuck out of bed and found myself on the fainted front porch with the wrinkled stairs. The pitching blackness is all I could see not that I minded. The darkness surrounding me helped me escape my troubled past and all of the dark things that's followed me.

The deep scar that was below my right eye attested to that. I've chosen to not be around humans. They're evil, cruel, betrayers, murders, and most of all they're the ones who hurt you the most.

I've schooled my face into an emotionless state over the years and it's until now where I can't seem to control them anymore.

Is there a reason why? Why do I feel like I'm not alone anymore? Why does my heart beat so? Why do my cheeks flush the color of crimson? What is going on with me?

The moon casted a beautiful glow.

I got about halfway before I ran into something. Hard. I cursed as I stumbled back, forgetting that Optimus was now living with me, but that was drowned out by the sudden start of a loud engine. Stumbling back further and blinking in surprise, I watched as bright headlights came on and Optimus transformed immediately. He came out of his 2-3 second transformation in a battle-ready stance, optics narrowed in a deadly glare, mouth and nose covered in a metal mask, and two very long and dangerous looking orange/gold glowing swords that came out of the top of his forearms and I watched in shock.

I froze as Optimus' ocean blue optics glowed darting everywhere. He frowned in confusion before his optics landed on me and widened in surprise at the source which was me.

"Forgive me, Lily," he said.

"I did not mean to frighten you," The metal mask and swords quickly retracted with quiet snaps as he knelt down in front of me, turning off his headlights, or I guess chest lights, awesome.

"Lily, why aren't you recharging?" He calls my name softly.

Recharging? Oh, he means sleep.

"I'm a lot on my mind for the past few days. And the only way for me to deal is by looking at the moon." I murmur.

"My home-world had many moons, but nothing as beautiful as earth's moon." He blurted out.

"I'm sure the moon's from your world were better," I responded.

"Why am I here? What's my purpose? Why does my spark yearn in the femme's presence?" He responds in his native language so I'd no idea what he said.

Optimus looks down at me, his optics a soft warm glow of ocean blue. An unknown feeling expends around my heart, pulling at tattered strings.

Looking up at the alien I was now harboring, why do I feel this way? How can something that isn't human affect me?

The next morning, I quickly showered, and put on fresh clothes, after stumbling a few steps of course.

"I need to head up town. I want to buy materials for my house," I said.

"Do you want to come?" I shrugged on my jacket and turned to see Optimus just finishing his transformation into his alt- form. I smiled as the door wordlessly opened.