Chapter 1

*8 Years Ago*

Heavy breathing, clammy hands, tired eyes, empty heart and distorted mind. I would have never known at this moment I had be running for my life from the people I loved or I'd thought loved me. Nevertheless known it would take a turn for the worst.

Ferns, mud, and rocks poke at my dirty feet as I run through the pitch black forest, the heavy rain above me soaking my navy blue pajamas and hair. My legs, heart and lungs protesting in exhaustion, but I couldn't stop no matter how worn out I appear.

You have to rest! You can't continue on! My body screams. However, I continued on. I'd to keep going. My heart about to burst out of my chest cavity, blisters covering the bleeding flesh. The soles of my feet a fret.

I kept running not wanting to have any reminders of my hellish home. The place where I've befallen; tortured by my drug addicted mother and stepfather Philip for seven years of my life. Burnt marks, fist prints, hand prints, scares, cracked ribs, tainting every inch of my young body.

I enter the deeper part of the forest pushing back tree branches and my heart beats like a train running on the tracks.

The light of the moon seemed to have uplifted my horrific experience.

"God? Why you mock me with the one person whose name I prefer not to mentioned?" I whispered. Sitting down on the forest floor contemplating my next approach.

I'd never thought my life would turn out this way, the people you love most in the world beating you emotionally, physically, verbally, and mentally.

I raise my left hand up to my bleeding face, the deep gash tainting my once beautiful skin.

The bruised girl's reflection stares back at me with tears falling from her hazel eyes. The memory of her awful life flooding back to her.

"Why me!?" She cried out banging her fists on the forest floor repeatedly, falling down on the soft grass folding in on herself letting the rain fall on her, and her sorrows. She welcomed death at this moment it's not like her mom and Phil would notify the police to plan a search party for their twelve year old daughter.

Tears stream down the face of the crying girl, with the bruised and mattered body. Only to find out that weeping girl is me, yes me! with the bloodshot eyes, skin bruised and broken from ridicule.

It's only been three hours since my escape, and I still can't seem to remember where at some point my perfect little life went left.

I believe it all took a turn for the worst when mom met Philip. He was the type of man who was strung out on drugs and alcohol. Until he met my mom the woman who claimed to have changed him for the better but soon after he married my mother, she was hooked on Crack Cocaine. I never expected her to get hooked on.

What happened to the one who I call my angel?

~Seven year old Lily entered her mommy's bedroom hopefully looking forward to her mommy spending time with her and Mr. Cuddles. But instead she finds her mommy with a spoon laying flat over top a flame. Her mother looks up at her daughter Lily with a sickly smile "Mommy, will be out to play with you in moment sweetheart she just needs to her medicine." Little Lily nods her head her seven year old mind believing her mommy's lie.~