Chapter 2

*8 Years Later*

The blazing sun beams down, sizzling hot, burning me.

Jesus!

It's out hot today. Even with the Air conditioner on it still didn't help escape the South Gate, California air.

"Let's see what we have to work with today?" I say to myself as I was popping the hood, of a 1995 Mercedes Benz s500.

I put my headphones in my ears to block out some of the noise while I work. Flicking on my flashlight checking every hook and cranny for damage but no damage was detected.

Where's the damage?

I was so intoned with Unsteady by X-Ambassadors that I wasn't aware of...

"Lily. I need you to look at all of the cars that came in today. It's time to sell them. I'm feeling lucky." Bobby says startling me, my head hits the roof of the car.

He grins clasping his hands.

"Thanks," I sarcastically said rubbing my bruised head.

"Why do you always move like a robot?" he questions.

I scoffed I hate it when he calls me that, don't you hate when a man calls you a mechanical machine?

"The same exact such as why does your Mammie always give you the finger?" I witty retorted.

"Hey! No one insults the old hag except me!" Bobby yelled.

Bobby hands me a clipboard and a pen. Then walks out of the garage without a single thank you. Rude much.

"Do the inventory probably or you're fired, Lily!"

Great.

I stroll across the dusty lot to the part of the lot where Bobby keeps all of the cars that are usually. 'new' supposedly. I get my clipboard and pen ready.

I came across the last car and it's a beauty a '77 yellow Chevrolet Camaro with black racing stripes going down the back.

"You're a beauty!" I gushed as I was rubbing the dusty hood, then suddenly the car starts to play music, it startles me.

"You're the one that's a beautiful angel." I blush crimson at the car's compliment, "You're...."

I'm cut off by Bobby yelling at me through the office window.

"Lily! Do the inventory properly!"

"Of course!" I replied.

"Good!"

"Mind if I enter?"

"No..... problem.... little.... lady," The car response in broken sentences.