Chapter Nineteen

SAGE.

I turned the car off and glanced in the mirror as the rolling door came down, my breathing was hard and heavy as I sat in the seat shaking. I have never been so freaked out in my entire life. Unclipping my belt I headed through the gate and towards the main house where mum was watching Meadow for me.

Oliver was going to freak when he found out.

“Hey how did you go?” Mum asked, looking up and smiling.

The fake smile was on my face, hiding any evidence of worry. “All good, everything looks well.”

“That’s good, did you go on any type of birth control?” She raised a brow, oh god. She just had to go there.

Bending to the floor, I laid beside Meadow who was laying on her tummy holding her head up a little and clutching a rattle. “Mum, that’s just not even cool to talk about with you.”

She chuckled, “Dear, you’ve been living with Oliver in that guest house. I’m just assuming you and he are being safe, unless you want another little surprise to come along like this possum.”

“Oliver and I aren’t together, we’re just friends,” who make out heavily and fool around.

“Keep telling yourself that. What time is he home from work tonight?” she asked, changing the subject swiftly.

Oliver was back at work. He went back three weeks ago after much hesitation, it was very weird to see him leave and then come back in the afternoon. I was actually missing him during the day, but when he came back. He doted on Meadow until she went back to sleep for the night.

“I think five tonight, you’re not bothered that he’s here?” I asked nervously. I didn’t think they would be, after insisting he stay and make himself at home.

Mum just looked at me with a smile, she was up to something. “Not at all, he’s a great guy. I wasn’t too sure about him after Cassie called and let us know a married man had impregnated you and was banning her from the delivery room.”

“She what!” I snapped my head up looking at her incredulously. “She slapped him across the face, and I asked him to be in the room with me. God she annoys me sometimes.” She annoyed me a lot, trying to baby me and tell me how to look after Meadow. Then trying to tell Oliver he needed to sort Amy out then come to me. I wasn’t letting him anywhere near that crazy bitch.

The second Oliver told me Amy had been physically, and emotionally abusing him. I wanted to hurt her just as much as she hurt him. It explained so much as to why he was closed off with me, flinching when I touched him at times. The mark on his stomach from the straightener and the other small scars over his chest and back, they were almost faded thanks to my anti stretch mark oil rub. He was hesitant at first, but I knew he didn’t want the reminder of what Amy had done to him.

I sat up and lifted Meadow up and kissed her cheek. “She’s too big, I don’t want her to grow anymore.”

Mum chuckled. “She will, and there’s nothing you can do to stop it. Oh, Greyson called before. He said he would be home this weekend and wants to catch up with you. Just text him back, he’s feeling a little left out.”

“I spoke to him yesterday,” I yawned, shaking my head.

“You’re playing house Sage, before you and he had all the time in the world to do things together, now you’ve dropped him,” she pointed out.

That wasn’t entirely true. I had just had a baby, going out without Meadow just didn’t sit well with me. “Whatever, I’m going to take her and change her nappy then lay in bed for a bit until Ollie gets back.”