Chapter Seven

SAGE.

He was married.

How on earth could he have done such a thing, oh god if he was here then that meant his wife was also in this room. Shit.

I groaned, I couldn’t believe I had given him the finger. In the church of all places, what on earth was I thinking? That’s right, I wasn’t thinking. Neither was he apparently, since he had gone out and screwed me while married.

“Sage?” I heard my name being called out.

I looked around, Cassie stood there looking absolutely stunning in her gown. “Oh right, where do I stand?”

“Next to Oliver then you and him sign after us,” she smiled.

My sister was a married woman. I walked over, not wanting to stand beside the tall, gorgeous man who had bedroom eyes. Oh god, he was going to be a father and had no idea.

Shit, what a fucked up situation. The guy who knocked me up was married to another woman, who obviously had no idea about us or the fact that her husband was fathering a child with another woman. That’s if I told him, I wasn’t so sure I wanted to.

“Don’t talk to me,” I muttered quietly, keeping my smile on my face.

“Sage,” he whispered, damn the way he said my name. “We’re sharing a car, you’ll talk to me then.”

I shook my head, watching my sister and new brother in law sign their names on the marriage certificate. “I don’t have to talk to you Oliver, your wife may be watching.”

He was silent, I knew that probably struck a nerve. Just my luck that silence didn’t last much longer, “I’m sorry. I should have told you.”

I felt so sick, mostly with nerves. “Don’t. You men are all the same, cheating assholes.”

How could I have been cheated on and then go and sleep with a married man. If I had known he was married, I wouldn’t have done it. I wasn’t that girl, I wasn’t a home wrecker or anything like that. I was stupid, yes I was the stupid girl who fell for a gorgeous smile far too easily.

I signed my name and just wanted to get the hell out of here. The smell of Oliver was bothering me, he smelt so damn good. All I could think about was the night we were together, and the things we had done.

Startled when he slid his hand in mine, I was about to slap him until I noticed the others doing the same. This was getting too much, “I want to break your hand,” I gritted through my teeth, squeezing harder.

He laughed, “You can try, but the way you’re squeezing isn’t hurting much.”

“Stop it. I’m not talking to you,” I didn’t want to talk to him, let alone share a car.