Disagreement

Sitting in the kitchen eating lunch, I make the terrible mistake of mentioning my upcoming tour. It's not that I am bringing it up just to upset Lindsey but I also don't expect all hell to break loose.

"Stephanie, you will not tour at 7 months pregnant! There is just no way!" Lindsey shouts.

"I have commitments! I don't know why I even brought this up, it's months away!"

"It might be months away now but--"

"I don't want to talk about this." I move away from the table, having lost my appetite due to terrible heartburn. I go to the cabinet and pop a couple chewable antacids, filling up a glass of water.

"Stevie, we can't put it off anymore. We have four months until your tour starts and I'm sorry, but I can't let you go."

My eyes widen and I set my glass down on the table. "Excuse me, what?"

"No, Stevie. I'm standing firm on this. It's too risky."

"You're not going to let me?!" I huff, walking past him toward the stairs, my intricate burnout velvet kimono flowing behind me. He grabs my arm a little too hard and I whip around. The look in my eyes is intense and he steps back a little, releasing my arm. "Who gave you the right?"

"I am your husband and I am the father of your child. Think about the baby, not dollar signs."

"It's not about money, you know that"

"Oh right it's about 'magic'!" he says in a mocking tone.

"I love to perform" Without my own consent, I begin to cry and my cheeks go bright pink from embarrassment. "I'm sorry"

Lindsey softens, pulling me into him. "No, angel, I'm sorry. I know how important your album is to you and your tour...you love to perform." I nod over his shoulder. "I worry about you, both of you. Tours are grueling and take a lot out of an artist, not just the performances but the traveling too. I feel like it's too much stress for you and I wouldn't want anything to happen when I'm not there."

"You can come to every show, I don't care if you want to follow me around."

"You will. You will hate me for tagging along and getting in your creative space. This is why our albums are always torture" I laugh a little. "We have a little time to think about it, can you promise me that?" I nod and he kisses my lips softly. "I'm sorry for acting like a jerk"

"Don't be. I should be used to it by now." I say with a smirk and he nudges me.

"Hey!"

"Truth hurts, huh, Buck?" I turn to walk away and he pulls me back to him.

"You think you'll get away with that?" he asks, his voice low and seductive.

"Yeah, I do actually"

"No way, what will you do to make up for hurting my feelings?"

"What did you have in mind?" His lips brush against my neck and I shiver.

"You know..." he says.

"It's too early to go to bed."

"You need rest."

I chuckle. "I won't be resting at all if I do what you want to do."

"I will do all the work, I just want that beautiful body of yours." He presses sloppy kisses to my neck, pushing my robe off my shoulder as he plays with the thin strap of my nightie. "You don't want it?"

"That's not at all what I said. In fact, I think I've wanted you even more recently."

"Mmm...anything to do with my little one growing inside you?" he asks, his hand traveling between us. It's true, now that we are expecting, I feel so close to him and my desire to be connected to him physically has intensified immensely.

"Could..." I say, playing coy.

"I'm going to have to get you pregnant more often then"

I chuckle. "We should get through this pregnancy first before we decide to start another."

Lindsey moves to my cheek, then my lips, quieting my mouth and my mind. His hands roam my body, landing on my waist. He massages my sides through the silk of my nightie "Let's go upstairs for a little afternoon delight"

I nod, drunk on his affection, unable to speak. My eyes completely glaze over as he leads me up the stairs. We get to our room and his hands discover my body again. I'm softer now, our baby is making him or herself known to us but no one else has noticed anything yet. It's a sacred time for both of us. I back up into the bed and sit down, letting him strip my robe off. He pushes the straps of my nightie down, kissing both of my shoulders. I scoot back and he climbs over me like a wild animal, making me giggle. He devours my neck, massaging my breast through the luxurious fabric.

"Mmmm" I moan, still unable to speak. He ruches up my gown and exposes my panties and stomach. He nips at my hips before taking the waistband of my pale pink panties between his teeth, sliding them down. I draw in a sharp breath as he kisses my inner thighs, spreading my legs slightly. He watches me with seductively narrowed eyes, standing only to take off his pants. Climbing back over me, he kisses me, his hand gripping my hip. I hold my breath, waiting for more contact.

"Can I?" he asks and I nod again. He smiles, his hand traveling between us once more but this time much lower. My hips jerk when he makes contact with me, and it encourages him to continue. I wiggle and sigh below him, gripping his shoulders. "Want more?"

"Yes, Lindsey...please" I beg and his eyes light up.

"You're sure?" He tortures me with his hot breath on his skin, making every fine hair on my body stand on end. He knows his effect on me, planting kisses on my shoulders, above each breast then finally on my stomach. "I love you" he whispers.

"I love you too" I reply and he chuckles.

"I wasn't talking to you"

"Oh, right. I'm nothing to you now."

Suddenly, he moves back up so we are face to face. "Stephanie, don't you ever think that." His expression is serious.

"I was only j--" I begin but he cuts me off.

"Even if it's a joke, I don't want you to think that. I love you so much it hurts. We're finally married and we are having a baby...I wake up every morning with a smile on my face and it's because of you."

"Oh, Linds!" I exclaim, cradling his face in my hands. I have tears in my eyes and he wipes them away.

"Don't cry, I hate to see you cry."

"For the best possible reason. I'm so happy!"

Once again he brushes away the tears on my cheek. "And hormonal"

"Yes, and hormonal" I say with a giggle. He smiles down at me and having finally willed myself to stop crying, I run my fingers through his hair. "Alright, now where were we?"

"That's my girl" He squeezes my hip, giving me a quick peck on the lips before continuing his journey downward.