Finally

I wake up early the next morning, too excited for the day's coming events. Lindsey is still beside me, sleeping soundly. I trace little hearts over his chest, cuddling into him. He stirs and I kiss his chin.

He groans, turning over to face me. "What are you doing up so early?"

"Couldn't sleep anymore. Merry Christmas, Linds."

"Merry Christmas, baby." he says, kissing my lips softly. "And happy wedding day"

I can't stop myself from smiling. "Happy wedding day. Would you like some breakfast? I was thinking of ordering in."

"Sure. What are you in the mood for?"

"I'm not sure. I'm absolutely starving."

"Are you? Didn't I hear you get up for a snack and a glass of water?"

"Okay, you caught me." I say, putting my hands up in defense. "But I'm still hungry." He gives me a look and my expression in response makes him laugh. "What?"

"You've been really hungry lately, that's all."

"Maybe it's all the traveling and the lovemaking." I say and he nods.

"Could be" he says. "Why don't you go downstairs and call in our breakfast and I will get ready really fast."

"Alright. I love you."

"I love you too."

I hurry down the stairs and almost make it into the kitchen when I stop suddenly. There is a tree in the middle of the sitting room and there are presents underneath wrapped in silver and gold paper. I don't remember that being there the night before. In fact, I took this trip to be my Christmas present.

"Linds?" I call up the stairs, hearing soft footsteps. Tears fill my eyes as he comes into view.

"You saw it, didn't you?" he asks at the sight of me. I nod, and he wraps his arms around me. "I didn't want you to feel like Santa forgot you this year, angel. You went to bed early so that's when the delivery men came. I guess you were too tired earlier to notice. All of the presents I got for you, I had shipped here. And before you say anything, this isn't about me. I don't need gifts because I have the one thing I want in this world- you."

His words are too much and bury my face in his chest. "I love you so much, Lindsey."

"I love you too." My sobs grow louder and he chuckles a little, rubbing my back. "Hey, don't cry. I'm glad you're so happy but..."

"I'm sorry" I tell him, wiping my tears as I pull away.

"Don't be. Are you okay to call in our breakfast? The number is on the fridge."

"Yeah, I can do that. What would you like?"

"Anything, baby. Get whatever you want."

"Okay" I say, going into the kitchen. I compose myself to speak, ordering pretty much everything on the little menu provided. I'm totally famished and I know Lindsey must be hungry too. I hang up and find Lindsey by the tree. The lights are twinkling on the tree, the sun isn't quite visible through the thick drapes.

"While we wait, would you like to open something?" I nod and he invites me to sit beside him.

"Come here, baby. Open this one first." He hands me a small box and I hesitate in opening it. "Go ahead. It won't bite you." I bite my bottom lip, taking the ribbon off. I open the box and inside is a gorgeous gold and sapphire necklace.

"Oh, Linds!"

"Can I put it on you?" he asks and I nod. He takes it out of the box and drapes it carefully around my neck, fastening the clasp. "Now let me see" I turn so he can see it and he nods approvingly. "This is your something blue and it's gorgeous on you." he praises and then his eyes drift lower. "Um...what's all this up top? New bra?" He raises an eyebrow, giving me a mischievous grin and I shake my head. He shrugs.