Routine

Our last two days in our little make believe kingdom in Versailles were bliss. We spent a lot of time together talking, playing games and reminiscing. We made love more times than either of us could count. Our wedding night was a dream in itself, coming back with it just being the two of us again. Christmas still hasn't ended for us and I don't think it will until I have to leave for tour. Five months, that constant reminder on the calendar is bittersweet. I love to perform and share my music but I will be leaving my brand new husband at home when all I want to do is cuddle up with him, watch movies and relax like we used to all those years ago. As much fun as we had in France and how many magical experiences we had, we were both so happy to walk through our front door. Our house, our home...something we share together.

He's sleeping and I can't stop looking at him. We got home yesterday and we went right to bed. Our luggage is strewn all over the house, mail is piled up on the kitchen table and we have yet to actually get up and do anything remotely routine. I pull myself out of bed, start a pot of coffee then go back upstairs to take a shower. I'm rinsing conditioner from my hair when the door opens and Lindsey wraps his arms around me.

"Morning, Mrs Buckingham" he says softly,

"Good morning" I smile, turning around in his arms. "What are you doing up?"

"The bed goes cold quickly without you"

"Awww miss me already?"

"I always miss you, and I'll miss you even more when we come back to earth." I know what he means. Right now this all feels like a dream. When reality sinks in and we have commitments to other people and not just each other... "Tour" he says and I shake my head.

"Don't remind me. It's tearing me up."

"Oh, you'll be itching to go soon. My little gypsy needs her stage, plus, you will get tired of me soon."

"I will not" I protest.

"Okay, maybe not tired of me, but you will get annoyed. I'm known for getting on your nerves and pissing you off."

I laugh, he's not wrong. "Even if I did leave for tour totally mad at you, I wouldn't be for long. You know I can't resist my oh so sexy husband." I tap the tip of his nose with my index finger and he smiles, quickly pushing me to the shower wall.

"I can't resist you either" He leans down, kissing and nipping my neck. One of his hands is massaging my hip and the other is between us. His fingers are skillful and he knows exactly what to do to drive me wild. I moan and he hushes me with a deep, sensual kiss. He leaves my lips, working his way down my chest and stomach. He smooths the soft skin there before moving even lower. My thighs spread involuntarily and my breathing shallows in anticipation. He looks up at me, almost asking permission and I nod. He buries his face below my waist, pushing my thighs farther apart and bracing me against the wall. I feel myself becoming more aroused as his tongue lightly laps at me teasingly.

"Please" I beg and he pulls away. "Bed" He groans against me, wanting it too. He turns off the shower, grabs a couple towels and scoops me up as if I'm a rag doll. I love how effortless he makes it look. He tosses the towels on the bed, laying me down and drying me off a little. He holds my hair in his fist, kissing my lips hard. He pulls away again and I nip at his bottom lip. A low chuckle escapes his lips and he attaches himself to one of my breasts, swirling his tongue around my hardening nipple. He comes off with a smack, moving to the other one. My hand travels down my body and he sees it out of the corner of his eye. He moves my hand away, pinning it to the bed beside me and I whimper. He smiles around my breast and comes off, looking into my eyes. "Please" I beg again. Wordlessly agreeing, he works his way down my body, releasing my hair from his grasp. Once again, he's between my thighs, listening to my moans become louder and change pitch as he works me up. He pushes my thighs apart as I struggle not to clasp them around him. His tongue is magic, his lips kiss the tender skin. My belly tenses and I feel the build up. My back arches off the bed and he places a hand on my stomach. "Mmmm..." I moan. "I'm..." I'm pushed over the edge and he continues his delicious torture of my body, wave after wave flowing through me. His lips brush my skin, sending tingling sensations from where he had just made contact, straight to my toes. "Mmmm" I moan again as he kisses my throat then my lips.

"I love you" he says.

"I love you too" I stroke his face and he smiles at me. He climbs on top of me, growling like a wild animal, causing me to giggle. He starts attacking my face with sweet and innocent kisses.

"More?" I ask and he nods. "I need you inside me"

He nuzzles my neck with his nose. "I have the hottest wife on the planet" he says.

"So when are you going to tell her about me?" I ask and he chuckles.

"Didn't I just? You, Stephanie Lynn, are the hottest wife on the planet."

"You are the sweetest, sexiest, most fantastic lover and husband in the galaxy."

He raises an eyebrow. "Is that so?" I nod beneath him. "What if I told you you're the best lover in the universe?"

"I'd ask what you wanted from me. I know you're trying to butter me up for something"

"Ouch, missus. I'm hurt." He places a hand to his chest in mock upset and I laugh.

"Okay, okay. You know what I'd really say?" I ask, draping my arms around his neck while he's in push up position above me.

"Yeah" he says, leaning down to kiss me.

"I'd say...how the hell did I get so fortunate to have you by my side everyday?"

"Babe..."

"You're my best friend, Lindsey. We have our problems but all couples do. I'm just so grateful to be here with you like this for the rest of our lives." He kisses me again.

"I love you. You're my best friend too and being with you is a dream come true. You're mine and I can't wait to tell the world." I pull him down to me, kissing him slowly, over and over.

We make love again, finally pulling ourselves out of bed afterward. My silk robe is wrapped around my body and tied while Lindsey is wearing just boxers as we stand in our kitchen, drinking the coffee I had made earlier. It's cold but he doesn't complain, even though I know he hates cold or reheated coffee.

"You don't have to drink this, it's shit" I say and he laughs.

"Sure?" He sits his cup down on the counter.

"I made it hours ago. I didn't know we were going back to bed."

"Would you rather go out and have lunch somewhere?"

"Are you doing it just so we don't have to put away our luggage?" He nods and I snort with laughter. "Alright then. Let's get ready, but no shenanigans!" I point my finger at him, playfully scolding him.

"I promise" he tells me. I nod, and head up the stairs. He hurries after me, grabbing me around the waist and pushing me to the wall in the hallway when we've made it safely up those terrifying slatted stairs.

"Hey! You promised me you wouldn't do this!" I say with a giggle.

"I had my fingers crossed behind my back. I didn't promise a thing." He kisses me again and it's back to bed we go.