Chapter 15

15

AN: sorry it took so long I got addicted to Skate 3! And then got distracted by Assassins creed and Prototype. Woops….

Tonys pov

"What's the scoop JARVIS?" Tony asked. More and more giant over sized nightmare spiders where jumping at him from in the forest. At first he was scared of them, but they quickly became a nuisance keeping him from fighting the real threat, Pitch.

"Sir, it seems that Mr. Frost and Mischief have found their way back." JARVIS announced.

"Oh that's great." Tony muttered shooting another basketball sized spider out of a tree. "What other insects or animals is Black using? I'm getting bored of spiders."

"He seems to be using creatures that a normal person would fear." Images appeared on screen partially blocking his vision. "These animals include spiders, bats, snakes, wolfs and other predators."

"That's good; now get these out of my face." Tony grumbled. He caught a glimpse of Jack fighting a pack of wolfs and protecting a downed North with Jamie still on his back. The kid easily froze and smashed through the pack. Meanwhile the Easter bunny and Hawkeye where shooting down owls with arrows and Bunny's boomerang with the occasional lightning strike from Thor.

"Hulk smash!" The Hulk roared. Tony turned to see Hulk's huge green fist squish an equally big spider. Sand splattered onto his helmet.

"That's one way to kill a spider." Tony said wiping the sand away. He shot at more annoying spiders not letting any get too close. The hulk continued to squish spiders like he was playing a giant game of whack-a-mole. Something bright and shiny flew past his vision, hit an ugly spider, bounced off a tree and returned to its owner. "Still never going to understand how that shield always bounces back, Cap."

"God I hate spiders." Steve muttered.

()()()()()()()()()()

Jack's Pov!

There was a lull in the battle and Jack ran over to where he last heard North.

"North? What's wrong?" He asked crouching beside Santa. Jamie was oddly quiet.

"I'm okay Jack." North huffed. "Just a scratch."

Jack helped Father Christmas to his feet. The winter spirit could hear more light foot falls coming at them.

"Are you okay enough to fight?" Jack asked.

"I'm always ready to fight!" North yelled charging forward to meet the nightmare creatures. "Bring it on!"

Jack shook his head and flew after North. He too jumped into the fight. Protecting North's back as he protected his and Jamie's. Tooth was flying overhead. It was easy to Jack to tell her wing beats from any other bird because her were more musical and peaceful.

Jack dodged out of the way of a snarling wolf. North slashed through it with his sword. Suddenly something was pulling Jamie off his back. "Jamie!"

"It's only Phil Jack." North said. "He will take boy to pole."

"Right." Jack said, but Jamie's hold only grew stronger despite Phil's yanking.

"No I don't want to go!" Jamie wailed.

"I know Jamie, but it will be safer." Jack tried to convince the boy.

"Your other friends are there." North said. Jack gave him a confused look. "We didn't want to take chances."

Jamie slowly let go. Phil smashed a snow globe and jumped through the portal with Jamie safe in his arms.

"You think that pitch would realize that wolfs aren't effective and send something else to fight." Jack turned and froze another wolf.

"Don't give me any ideas." Pitch laughed. The nightmare sand animals left their fight with the others and joined their master. The remaining avengers and guardians made their way to where North and Jack stood.

"Geez Pitch, how many times are you going to appear and fight us, lose and run before you learn?" Jack asked. "Fear never wins."

"Oh, but it does." Pitch growled. "What drives people? Fear. Why did Tony Stark make the Ironman suit? He was scared that the wrong people would continue to get their hands on his weapons. Why did Thor come to earth? He was scared that you were hurt."

"Sure that's true, but fear also creates courage. I believe in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another." Jack said standing straighter.

"Wise worlds coming from a kid." Pitch growled.

"I'm not a kid!" Jack snapped. He spun his staff and slammed the butt into the ground sending echo waves as well as ice and snow at Pitch.

Pitch covered his face with his arm. "Temper, temper." Pitch smiled as he formed a scythe out of sand. Natasha slowly pulled her gun trying not to make any sudden movements. Pitch's eyes flickered towards her. "Might not want to do that dear." Jack's echo vision faded.

"Oh and why not? It's silver." She said. "Wait those are for werewolves. My bad, I'm not good with myths."

Jack heard Tony blasters quietly powering up and thunder rumbling over head. The nightmare king did too.

"Trying to distract me?" Pitch asked.

"Maybe." Jack said innocently.

"It won't work. My plan will." Pitch hissed.

"Keep talking." Loki said. "You'll slip up and tell us your plan eventually."

Pitch growled. His animals reacted by charging at the Avengers and Guardians.

Jack didn't hear the growling wolf in time to get out of the way. It jumped knocking his staff out if his hand and pinning him to the ground.

AN: I know its short, but I finished my note book and I didn't want to start a new one when I was half way through a chapter. So I shortened it!

Edit:  errors corrected