Chapter 5

5

Plz excuse and spelling or grammar mistakes

5

Jack woke with a pained groan; he could feel every cut and bruise on his battered body. He could also feel bandages tightly wrapped around his broken wrist and bad leg. Jack head ached and was sluggish. Someone must have given him painkillers; medication doesn’t work the same way in Jack; it slows his mind down making time seem longer, but he still feels the pain.

Jack reached out to find his staff with his good arm. He realized he wasn’t in a bed; he was lying on his side on the floor with his back pressed against the glass.  The floor was smooth and warm, but his staff was nowhere in arms reach. Jack was deciding whether or not to try to sit up when the sound of footsteps coming towards him caught his attention. Jack closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep. He listened intently to the footsteps. There were three pairs.

“You can’t leave him there! He’s hurt! Not to mention how pissed off Thor and Loki will be!” Tony growled.

“His wounds have been treated and he is stabilized.” A low stern voice said calmly. “I don’t care what Thor and Loki think. This kid could be a threat. I’m not taking any chances.”

“Fine, but I’m staying with the kid until he’s awake.” Tony said walking towards Jack, he stops and turn around to face Fury. “Oh and if Thor or Loki rips your head off, don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

Steve slowly shook his head and crouched down next to the glass separating them from Jack. Tony sat cross-legged next to Steve. The director walked out of the room.

Jack decided to pretend to be asleep.

“How long do you think until he will be awake?” Steve asked. As soon as Tony and Steve stepped onto the ship they felt something was off. No one asked to help the injured boy in Steve’s arms. The agents seemed to look right through Jack. That is until the director Nick Fury came walking up to them. He took one look at Jack and motioned them to follow him. Fury led them to a medical bay where the two doctors where wearing big black goggles. Steve set Jack very carefully down on the bed and the doctors started to work on him. Tony explained that the goggles the doctors where wearing where for finding hot spots and internal bleeding, but could also be used for to find heat signatures. Once the doctors finished with Jack they were deciding whether or not to give him any pain killers because they didn’t know if Jack was allergic to it, but in the end they gave him a very low dose of Morphine. The doctors listed off all of the boys injuries. The winter god had a concussion, large gash on his right calf, broken left wrist, small cuts that already scabbed over and bruises everywhere. Steve and Tony left to change into fresh close and when they returned only to find Jack’s bed empty. The doctors told them that Fury ordered them to take Jack to Loki’s old cell. Steve and Tony went straight to check on the boy and found him curled up on his side with his back against the glass wall. He still wore the bloodied blue hoodie and tattered brown leggings. His staff was gone; Fury must have taken it. They went immediately to the director who gave them little reason why Jack was there other than ‘he’s a possible threat.’

“I think he should be awake soon, but he’s not human.” Tony said tapping on the glass. Jack tried hard not to smile even know his back was towards them. “It looks like he might have moved.” Tony sighed. “It's taking the others long enough to get here.”

“Have patience, Tony.” Steve complained.

“I’m not a doctor, I don’t have any patience.” Tony smirked.

Jack decided it was a good time to wake up. His icy blue eyes where met with darkness as usual. Someone tapped on the glass. Jack turned his head to where Tony and Steve where sitting.