Running Blind

1

Disclaimers

Rise of the Guardians- DreamWorks

Avengers- Marvel

Plz excuse any spelling and grammar errors

Running Blind

"J-Jokul?" Said a hoarse male voice, as soon as the sound reached Jack's sensitive ears he panicked. It was his big brother Thor. He sounded like he was in pain. Jack hadn't seen Thor in 300 years since he ran away from Asgard. Jack tried to find his staff that wasn't in his hand, but he couldn't see a thing. He never could. Jack is blind.

"JACK!" Loki screamed. Something hit Jack in the chest and he fell onto the damp floor face up. Someone was on top of him holding his shoulders down.

"Well, Well, Well, Frost or should I call you Frosti? I would have never guessed this. You. A god and blind." Pitch laughed. "You're so helpless without your little staff."

Jack's eyes widened and his mouth fell open. How could Pitch know that! Jack had never told anyone on earth, not even the guardians. He was afraid if he told them they would find a way to tell Odin and Odin would drag him go back to Asgard kicking and screaming; Or that they wouldn't want a blind kid on their team.

Jack could hear Thor's angry yells and Loki's pleading cries. They could see something Jack couldn't. Jack focused on his hearing; almost everything that moves makes a sound. He just needed to hear it. Faintly Jack could hear the stomping and whinnies of the night mares and metal moving on stone floors, but underneath the screaming and metallic sounds was a scraping sound. He imminently recognized the sound and tried to squirm out of Pitch's grasp. Thor's and Loki's cries increased as Pitch moved the knife closer to Jack's ribs.

Pitch slowly pushed the blade into Jacks ribs. Jack howled in agony and Pitch pulled the blade back out and pushed it in again this time into his shoulder joint. Jack screamed a soundless scream and his mind went blank.

The winter spirit woke with a yelp and fell from the tree he was sleeping in into a pile of snow. He sat in the snow for a few minutes. It was just a nightmare. Thor and Loki are okay, but Pitch knows about my past. He stood up and brushed the snow off his clothing. Jack moved his hand to where he had thought he left his staff last night, but it wasn't there. He started to panic, moving his hand around in the air, ground and the tree branch. He still couldn't find it. The wind was whipping around the blind boy trying to help, but he hadn't noticed. Jack stopped and listened to the wind, it was blowing to his left; Jack moved his hand to the left. It blew down, he moved his hand down. Jack's hand brush up against something cold and hard. He curled his slender fingers around his wooden staff. Jack sighed in relief. He tapped his staff against the ground, sending out waves. When they came back they formed black and white pictures of trees, bushes and rocks. Anything that touched the ground and that was 3D. Jack couldn't see color, TV, photographs or writing. Jack had heard that bats could do something similar called echolocation. Jack didn't use it too often because it took a lot of energy, but he still tapped his staff around not sending waves out thought.

The picture in his head disappeared after about 20 seconds leaving him in the dark again. The waves would only work once every 5 minutes or so. Jack didn't know why they worked like that, but he didn't question it. The winter god tried to remember where he was; thinking back to last night Jack had caused a blizzard and had fun with some kid and adult who couldn't see him. Then he flew over the Atlantic Ocean to New York. Oh right I'm in central park. Better watch out for Tin Man. The last time I crashed into him they chased me for 3 whole days! Jack thought back to two months ago when he accidently flew into Tony Stark when he was flying in his Ironman suit. Tony and some guy with a funny shield had chased him all over the globe. He had finally lost them in an ice cave in Antarctica.