Chapter 4

4

Plz excuse and spelling and grammar errors

4

“Come on kid. You got to wake up!” Someone said. Their voice was far off and it sounded high above him. “Pour some water on him or something.”

Jack heard movement to his right and someone’s fiery hot hand was on his shoulder shaking it. “Do you want him to freeze your whole tower?!” They kept shaking him.

“5 more minutes.” Jack grumbled. He could hear more sounds now; stamping hooves, clattering metal, enraged yells and a sinister laugh. He could smell blood, but he wasn’t sure whose it was. The hand was gone from his shoulder. A sharp pain shot through his palm; Jacks eyes fluttered open and where met by darkness as usual. “Hey! What was that for?!” Jack tried to get up, but was pushed back down. His body felt like he fell of the Empire state building and got run over by a tank.

“Don’t move you’re hurt.” Steve said putting his hand back on Jacks shoulder. Tony had figured out that the brothers where fighting an invisible force and pulled out thermal imaging glasses for them to where. Tony immediately called for his Ironman suit and Steve grabbed his shield. They had returned to find Jack lying on the ground with nightmares stomping and biting him. Thor, Loki and a giant rabbit fought the nightmares far enough back from Jack, for Steve to pull the kid away and try to shake him awake. “We don’t have anything to stop the bleeding.”

“I can.” Jack said. “What happened? What’s going on?”

“We’ll explain later. What do you mean you can stop the bleeding?” Steve asked. Jack didn’t answer; he was too busy freezing over his wounds to stop the bleeding temporarily. The ice would melt soon. “Oh that’s how.”

“Where’s- where’s my staff?” Jack asked. Steve gave it back and Jack tapped it on the ground, but in a way that Steve wouldn’t notice. In front of him Tony was fighting hand to hoof with at least 4 nightmares. North and Bunny were fighting with nightmare swirling all-around them. Thor and Loki were fighting pitch. Jacks vision lasted long enough to watch Loki be thrown to the ground and Thor rush over to help him up. Steve was leaning over him, shield in hand. Tooth and Sandy must have been in the air as well as a lot more nightmares where his echosense couldn’t reach them. Jack tried to sit up again but, Steve’s hand and a sharp pain shot up through his spine kept him down.

“No. Stop moving. You'll only make it worse.” Steve said and Jack nodded with a pained expression on his face. “Tony, we need to get him out of here.”

“I’ll cover you. Go!” Tony shouted. Steve turned and picked Jack up. The winter spirit let out a pained wine and squeezed his eyes shut. The Avenger and Guardians wouldn’t know the extent of his injuries until they got him a doctor. “Hey sandman, mind putting him out?”

Sandy was busy with some nightmare. Jack managed to yell one word to Loki in frost giant. “*Shield!*” Sandy conjured up the best dream he could at the moment and threw the dream sand ball at Jack.

Captain America ran down the stairs of the tower carrying the sleeping injured winter god. Ironman was fighting nightmares a few flights up. Once they had made it to the unusually empty lobby of Stark tower they made their way to the parking garage.

“Where are we going?” Tony asked once he finished fighting of the rest of the nightmares.

“Shield.” Steve said simply. Tony nodded and called Shield from his suit. “Poor kid he didn’t deserve this.” He murmured.

“He’ll be okay. Shield’s sending a hover plane to pick us up a few blocks away. We need to get going.” Tony said gently. Steve nodded and they headed off.

----

Loki pulled himself off the ground, again. He was tired, they all were, but they still fought for Jack. The Guardians were finishing up with the last few nightmares. The giant rabbit hit the last one over the head with a wooden boomerang. Thor got in close enough to kick Pitch’s feet out from underneath him. The big man with a sword jumped on top of him, but Pitch already disappeared into a shadow.

“He’s gone for now.” The big man said. “You must be Thor and Loki.”

“Yes.” Loki said. “I’m Loki, this is Thor. You guys must be the Guardians. Jack told us about you.”

“All good I hope!” Bunny said.

“Sure thing Kangaroo.” Loki said with a smirk.

“Yep definitely brothers.” Bunny grumbled.

“Where did they take Jack?” The Tooth fairy asked.

“Before The Sandman put him to sleep he said something.” Thor said with a frown plastered on his face. “I didn’t understand what language it was.”

“Jack said ‘Shield’. That’s probably where they would take him.” Loki translated.

Sandy made dreamsand symbols over his head saying. “What language? I’ve never heard it in all my years.”

“Frost giant.” Loki said simply not wanting to explain further and no one asked.

“Let’s go!” North yelled.

“Where is Shield?” Bunny asked planning to open a tunnel.

“Everywhere.” Thor said. Bunny looked at him confused. “It’s a flying airship.”

“We can’t go in my tunnels then.” Bunny grumbled.

“Let’s go in sleigh!” North shouted excitedly. He took a snow globe out of his pocket and through it against the wall. “This will take us to Pole.” North explained to the Asgardians. They both nodded and followed the Guardians through the rainbow portal.

AN: Happy New year! My fave thing of the year!

Song: Counting Stars- One Republic

Artist: Macklemore

Movie: Thor 2

Fave move quote: “Dear god, is she dead?” –Loki (Thor 2)

Fave quote: “Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.”- Assassins creed

Fave Game: Prototype and Assassins creed

Fave book: Nightshade

Fave fan fiction: Sleep By:vividRegulator (Amazing plz read!)

What are you Fave things of the year?

Edit: hopefully all errors fixed