Chapter 14

14

AN: Reminded me to always plan stories in the future! I thought this was going to be the last chapter, but there might be 2-3 more. I only have 3 pages left in my note book, good thing I have like a million of them! So far I have written 186 pages in the note book (small pages and I have big writing). Ugh fight scenes are just not my thing especially when they main character is blind... Any-who Thanks to everyone who has Followed, Faved, Read and Commented! Plz excuse any spelling and grammar mistakes.

"Get out of here Jack!" Bunny shouted. A nightmare sand fox jumped out of the bush and went for the winter spirit's throat. Bunny threw his boomerang seeing the attack. It smashed into the fox's jaw and the animal disintegrated into a cloud of dust.

"No! I can't leave and let you get hurt!" Jack yelled dodging another deadly animal he heard coming and smashing it with his staff. The weight of Jamie of his back hindered him little, but with another person to protect it was difficult to fight without possibly throwing Jamie off.

"Think about Jamie!" Tooth yelled.

"Where should I go?" Jack asked freezing a nightmare horse.

"Not a good idea to discuss this in front of the enemy." Loki pointed out.

Jack jumped into the wind and flew high up in the clouds. Jamie's arms wrapped around his neck reminded him that he had a passenger and not to fly to high. Jack had planned to head to Antarctica, but it would be much too cold for the human boy especially without a coat. All of his best hiding places were all too cold for Jamie.

"Where are we going, Jack?" Jamie asked voice barely audible over the wind.

"Anywhere you want to go." Jack answered.

"What does it matter to me, I won't be able to see it anyway." Jamie muttered.

"Don't think that way." Jack frowned. "Thinking that way won't get you anywhere."

"Okay." Jamie yawned. It was night and he hadn't got any sleep.  The boy was up way past his bed time.

Jack attention shifted back to the wind. It was trying to tell him something. He listened intently for any sign of trouble. He picked up the sound of heavy wing beats. A lot of them, coming from all directions and surrounding them.

"Hello Jack." Pitch laughed. "I see you've got yourself surrounded."

"Not really. You forgot two directions." Jack said. The wind let them fall.  It caught them under the tree line and guided them through the foliage still flying through the air, but the birds were still hot on their tail. One swooped through the trees and attacked Jack with its sharp talons while another crashed into his side knocking him off balance. There was too much sound to concentrate on one bird. His echovision would not reach far enough. Pitch had found a weakness.

"Crap." He spat as another nightmare bird sunk its claws into his leg. The wind, no longer listing to Jack shot them higher into the air and above the tree line. Suddenly the wind blew them in a different direction.

"Where are we going?" Jamie shouted. The wind answered by turning a sharp corner.

"I don't know! The wind won't listen!" Jack tried to regain control, but the wind fought against it.

"Jack what are you doing?" He heard Thor shout from above. The wind brought them back to burgess.

"I can't see them!" Jack yelled back.

"Get down to the ground!" His brother commanded smashing his way through the flock of birds to Jack. "You fight better there." The wind listened to him and set Jack and Jamie down in a tree.