Chapter 18: The Call of Awakening

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Nathan’s POV~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rosie and Monita were both asleep, Rosie cradled in her arms and the pink little face pressed against her mother’s chest that rose and fell gently. I just felt like a million dollars then. I took a photo with my phone and tweeted,

‘Best feeling in the world. Now time to get some sleep x.’

I answered some tweets and flicked through a few mentions and so forth until I got up and put a blanket around Monita and Rosie, giving them each a gentle kiss on the cheek and lying down on the other couch.

“Time to get some much needed sleep,” I mumble and let my eyelids droop. I was on the verge of sleep when my phone started to buzz and ring, I quickly answered it with hope I hadn’t woken either of the two sleeping beauties. Nope, looks like they’d sleep through a train, I think with a tired chuckle and answer the call.

“Hello?”

“Yeah I’m here. What is it?” I ask closing the door and yawned loudly. Jay didn’t laugh down the phone,

“It’s about Tom and Richie mate. Where the hell have you been! We’ve been trying to call you for fricken hours!” he said nervously down the phone. I frowned and sat on the stairs,

“What’s wrong? What happened? Is everyone okay!” I say still confused but Jay didn’t get worked up like this often, unless… “Is this some prank?” I ask suspiciously.

“Nathan this is Jayne here,” came another voice. I’m guessing she’d kicked Jay away from the phone. This certainly couldn’t be one of Jay’s jokes.

“Yeah, hey. What’s going on?”

“How’s Monny and the baby?”

“Good, what’s going on!” I exclaim frustrated that no one was saying a straight answer.

“We think someone has taken Tom and Richie…” Her voice shook as she spoke. “Yesterday the police think there was something to do with a gang war going on and… there were…” she started to sound more and more distressed as the minutes went by. “None of the fans know this at the moment… No one other than the police and Tom’s family know about it. And… The guys and I of cause.”

“Jayne what is it? Just tell me!”

“There were two dead bodies found in their apartment! Nathan the police think that Richie and Tom are going to be used as hostages or… or killed…” her voice wavered and I felt the phone slipping from my fingers. This had to be some sad joke, something like this didn’t happen… It. It just wasn’t right!

“What?” I whisper taking a heavy breath.

“We’ve hired four body guards to stay with you and Monita until we find out a little more Nath. I don’t think you’ll be coming home for a little longer.”

“Al…Alright. Make sure you, you all stay safe,” I say hearing the door behind me open slowly and the soft padding as Monita walked closer. Her hand fell onto my shoulder and her long wavy brown hair tickled my neck.

“You too Nathan. Make sure you stay safe.” Jayne hung up after that and I let the phone drop to my side.

“Who was that? Hmm,” Monny asked smiling and kissing my cheek. I looked over to her and took a shaky breath, feeling on the edge of tears. “Nath? Nath what’s wrong,” she asked suddenly upset. I took a deep breath before telling her everything I knew.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Richie’s POV~

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up in the midst of their fight. Their voices just too much that it made me want to scream so bad that eventually I felt it escape my lips, moments later hands were touching my face and my body.

“What’s going on!” I heard Tom shout.

“BOTH OF YOU FUCK OFF!!” I heard the foreign voice say and suddenly all the hands were off me.

“Boots don’t you…”

“You’re not the only fucker around here who can threaten Sam! Step away from the poor lady and give her a moment!” the voice, I’m guessing, Boots, said. Sure enough when I forced my heavy eyelids open there was Tom looking worriedly down at me, a smile cracking over his nervous face when he saw I was alright. He rushed forward, past Boots and hugged me tightly. Just the way I like it, I think and smile when I smelt his familiar scent.

“I thought I’d lost you,” he said quickly into my ear. I chuckled and replied hoarsely,

“You can’t get rid of me that quick.”

“Don’t you ever do that again! Alright! I don’t think I could live with myself,” he exclaimed and cupped my face before kissing me gently on the lips, catching my breath and then leaving me feeling light headed and giddy.

“Well… If I get that kind of a reaction I should do this more often,” I joke and he laughed. I loved it, it felt like falling in love all over again with the broad smile on his lips.

“Raenne,” another voice said as I got myself into a sitting position. I looked over and saw Sammy swaying from where he stood with a torn look on his big warm puppy dog eyes.

“Come here Sammy,” I say and give Tom a light push. He took an unsure step forward and gave a look to Tom. I don’t know why, Sam… Sammy could have- correction- would have done what the hell he wanted, with or without that allowing nod Tom gave him. But it made me feel better neither the less. “I missed you,” I say when I felt his large arms wrap around me and held me tightly to his chest with his smothering hugs that made me feel small. I realised this was the first time we’d touched since all those years before. He still smelt like home… Probably because he is home, a small voice whispered in my head.

He chuckled lightly, “You don’t know how much I’ve missed you,” he whispered back, his breath tickling my ear.

“Alright, now piss off,” I say and give his shoulder the hardest punch I could conjure and he pulled away with a chuckle.

“What did I do now?”

“That one was for letting something happen to my Tom!” I say and give him a deathly glare. I noticed the dusty tanned, dark haired Boots smile half drop and looked worryingly over to Sammy. Yes you, I know what you said. I remember… I’m just not sure whether I want to believe it or not… Sam didn’t seem to acknowledge it and smiled sheepishly.

“You heard that!” said Tom, taking Sam’s place and wrapped his arms around me. I smiled,

“I heard nearly everything. It’s dead set boring being in a coma,” I say and Tom laughed, it was nervous and half there, But half-truths are just as good as full-truths at these troublesome times.