Chapter 14: Falcon do not Engage Contact

• Dedicated to @pattalinakongla

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Richie’s POV~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tom and I came to a stop outside our door and he shoved the key into the door and picked me up bridal style before walking in. I laughed and he kicked the door before kissing me,

“You. Know. I,” he started in between the kisses he was planted all over my neck and cheeks. “Really. Like. It. When. You get. Angry,” he paused and kissed my lips hard, “It’s really sexy,” he continued and lifted his eyebrows. I laughed and pulled away from him.

“Well then,” I say and head towards the bathroom, “Let me just freshen up,” I continued and closed the door on him. I heard him turn on some music as I brushed my teeth to get the taste of Taco out. It went a little louder before it sounded like he fell over. I chuckled to myself and spat out the toothpaste, rinsed and opened the door.

Before I could think my world went black as someone pressed something over my eyes and stuffed something in my open mouth. I went to fight but felt a sting across my back as the floorboards reached out and stabbed a jolt of pain through my legs. My head spun and I felt my breathing grew fainter. Everything was suddenly getting colder and I could feel my body spasm and shake, convulsions making a creamy fluid come up my throat, but the cloth was stopping it from getting out. The music pounded thunderously in my ears, cold gloves touched my face. Everything was cold. So cold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Flashback~

My feet fell back down on the ground and I took a deep breath before I felt his warm fingers brush across my cheek sending them aflame with a velvet red. I bit down on my bottom lip and felt the blindfold slip away from my face.

I bit down on my bottom lip and felt the blindfold slip away from my face. God what happens in two years? God what changes in two years?

I opened my eyes slowly and beheld the fine feature of Sam. He’d grown and filled out. His broad shoulders holding a strength not just physically, but like he wore a crown, like what he’d done in those two years had changed him. His smile still stayed there though, a slightly crooked grin that went wide over his dusty tanned face. His shaggy brown hair tussled messily over his eyes, his misty green eyes.

“Wow,” I say aloud and smile to hide the blush on my face. “Looks like you’ll be picking up the girls at school,” I comment to lighten the mood I’d realised was a tad too silent for my taste. I felt kind of self-conscious as he stood there looking down at me and smiling all the same. He chuckled and I cracked a bigger smile as well.

“You can speak, who’s your latest boyfriend?” he joked and walked over to where a willow tree hung down onto a glass water pond. I’d only just realised where we were and it took my breath away. Lilly flowers rested on the still water and the golden light made the beautiful deep green and reflected water a shade brighter and as I stepped after Sam I could feel the warmth of the sun on my back. “I’m not going back to school,” he said and I frowned.

“What do you mean?” I ask.

“I’m working… for people,” he said bitting down on his bottom lip and tried to avoid my eye contact.

“Oh. That’s okay, I thought you were working for crazed robot invasion,” I reply sarcastically and he chuckled. “Seriously Sammy, who are you working for?” I ask, not used to his quiet secretes.

“I can’t really say, I’m not supposed to,” he said taking a seat on a log.

“Yeah, but it’s me your talking to Sam. Come on,” I say and sit next to him. He looked over to me and opened his mouth to speak. He stopped himself though and shook his head,