Chapter 9: Don't Leave Me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

~Nathan’s POV~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She who dares to stand where I stood….

Richie drew me absolutely insane, to the point where I wanted to rip out my hair… But by god was she the only person who could ever make me change like that. Not even with Monita had I felt like this, in a way… Richie knows what she wants and it’s like a magnet.

So I kissed her.

I didn’t mean to. Not at first. But then…

She kissed back.

Her soft red lips so warm and felt just perfect in a slow passionate rhythm. My heart was beating quicker than I’ve ever felt anything before. I lifted my hand to touch the back of her head, but she was suddenly not touching me anymore.

I could still feel the shadow of her body close to mine. But when I opened my eyes she was glaring at me, confused and angry.

“I’m not faking this smile,” I say trying to lighten her suddenly dark mood. She glared at me and shook her head before going to say something, but it came out silent. She growled and turned to the wall, looking down at the ground in a contorted angry face.

“Why,” she asked coldly.

“Because I love you…”

“No! Don’t say that,” she butted in quickly. “Don’t fucking say that,” she continued and chewed her bottom lip.

“Why not,” I reply taking a step forward. She looked like she was fighting with herself, but she didn’t take a step away. That has to mean something, I think.

“Because I’m Tom’s girlfriend,” she continued with a shaky breath.

“If you loved him you wouldn’t have kissed me back,” I say going to touch her but she struck out quickly and slapped me.

“I can’t do what you did to Monita,” she fired at me angrily and I felt my heart rip at the mention of Monita. I could never bring myself to say her name aloud unless I was drunk, in which case I apparently always said her name.

“That’s cold,” I say.

“Really? Well what a bitch slap to reality Nathan, life aint like the bloody movies!”

“Not all movies are happy!” I shout back.

“True, I’m sorry. Do you want a medal for realising that?” she tilted her head slightly and the tone of sarcasm was so strong that it stung to the chest. “No. Right, well I suggest you piss of to your band and pretend like nothing happened before you get your heart crushed again mate. I hate to think that people can trust you,” she finished before turning on her heel and kept walking like nothing happened.

Why can’t I just do anything right? Why can’t I just find someone who loves me?

“Because you’re a jerk who slept with the mental chick. Don’t play Mr Poor-Me-Who-Got-Dumped-Because-I-Cheated-On-The-Girl-Of-My-Dreams!” I could hear Richie reply in my head.

“I’ve screwed up,” I say aloud and shake my head, “And it’s not going to be right until I put it right,” I think and head off after Richie. Tom beating me I’d deal with later, I was more scared of Richie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Monita’s POV~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~