Chapter 8: A Kiss with a Fist

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RichieTweet: @Tomthewanted smells like cheese and sweat.

I smirked and looked up from where Tom was sprawled across the couch with his leg resting on the top of it and the other half hanging off the edge. I snapped a photo of him with a box of Pizza on his stomach while he was tweeting on his phone and added it to the text. A moment later he frowned and looked at his armpits before I chuckled and he meet my eye.

“Oi,” he said and I poked my tongue at him. He lifted his phone and took a photo of me and wiggled his eyebrows. A moment later I saw he’d tweeted,

TomTweet: @Rich_I_Rock eats Teaspoons on #TomTuesday. Slagging

“Original,” I comment.

“Dam right,” he said and I shook my head at the photo of me poking my tongue out and a teaspoon hung out of my mouth.

“Ironically it’s only Monday,” I reply and he frowned and looked down to his phone.

“Shit,” he said and I laughed at him.

JayTweet: Surrounded by cheesy @Rich_I_Rock and @Tomthewanted… #ForeverAlone

I chuckled as Jay walked into the room shaking his head. Nathan came a moment later with a cup of tea and reading my book, Do Ants Have Arseholes?

“Good book,” I say and nod towards it. He smirked,

“What can I say? I have this really cool friend who recommended it and it’s bloody hilarious,” he replied. I laughed and looked down at my phone to where Jay had tweeted again,

JayTweet: @Mindy_TW3DJ Haha, now Nath and Richie are talking ant’s arses

“Classy Jay,” I shout out and Max walked in with a glass of milk. He struck a pose and then said,

“Don’t you mean, ‘Glassy’?” We all laughed and he sculled the drink.

“Hey guys you have to come for this one, they’ve driven for 13 hours to get here,” Martin said coming through the door looking tired.

“Send them in,” Nathan said without a hesitation as Tom pushed the pizza box off his chest and got up with a grunt. I straightened my shirt a little, but other than that didn’t move, the guys had fans coming in at all times for all places and they were there to see them so they never really talked to me. Some said hi and asked questions about Tom and stuff, but nothing that big.

One of the girls, I picked up her name being Sarah, had long blonde hair that finished at her waist and a warm smile. She was the older sister of Kimberly who was 17 and adored Nathan. The both had the same warm blue eye colour, not as stunning as Jay’s, a warm baby blue. Sarah and Tom where laughing and talking like old friends with each other and Siva while Nathan was taking a bunch of photos with Kimberly.

I smiled in the background and picked up my book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was the last gig before New York. I hadn’t even gotten time to call Benji in the past few weeks despite the long distance driving and everything. Tom and I had gotten closer than I could think and although Nath and I had our occasional old married couple fights we’d managed to maintain a good hate love relationship.

The crowd was massive here, not a seat not taken and everywhere the fans stood on edge of screaming. I waited as the music dropped suddenly and an array of cheesy fireworks sprayed out. The guys waited an agonisingly long moment while their fans screamed uncontrollably before they one by one came up onto the stage. I don’t what you call them, but the part of the stage dropped down with a small square, the guys would get put on it under the actual stage and then come up as if through some of the mist used for effect.