Chapter 11: Rumour Has It with a Sad Twist

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Richie’s POV~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“HE’S WHAT!” exclaimed four guys suddenly and very loudly. It broke out a moment later into a series of confused conversation and some party ‘whoop whoop!!’-ing.

“He’s a dad, Monita had his kid like only… ten minutes ago?” I say as Benji was looking at my guitar on the sidelines. Tom was eyeing him up,

“And this guy is?” he asked, but was quickly butted out by Jay,

“So he can’t do the gig tonight?” he asked suspiciously.

“Yeah, you guys are just going to have to improvise. He said you can tell though,” I say with a curt nod. A smirk came over his face and he nodded, looking over to Max with a knowing smile they both shared. I frowned,

“Benji! Richie’s mate,” he continued and gave Tom a hard handshake, both looking into each other’s eyes sternly.

“Bromance,” I joke when they didn’t look away for a good five seconds. Benji laughed it off quietly,

“What can I say, I’m totally in love with you,” he joked to Tom who laughed lightly. He still had a hard eye on Benji though.

“Right so we tell the fans once they’re all here?” Max said looking over to Jay with a look like he sparked an idea. I frowned again,

“Sounds great,” Jay said creepily and looked over to me.

“You guys are creepy. I’m going to get a drink,” I say and head towards the backstage before I had to do my sound check.

“Yes, you do that,” Siva said and lifted his eyebrows. I looked back and frowned as the four of them got in a circle and started to talk in hushed tones.

“You meet the weirdest people,” Benji said as he jogged to catch up to me,

“And you’re the weirdest of them all.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So the guys said that halfway through I got a solo front stage style which was amazing! Like unbelievably. I loved it when that would happen, and considering that the last time I was here with James Blunt I got a solo upstage it was fricken great! So the guys started, doing their entrance while the fans went batshit crazy and screaming until the whole arena was just a throbbing headache of voices crying out for the beloved The Wanted.

“So guys you’ve probably noticed the lacking of a very particular Baby Nath,” Jay said smiling as the fans started screaming again. “Well,” he continued and looked at the guys; he had his flip camera on and was filming this. “It seems our Baby Nath has had a baby of his own!”

Everything went a mixture of utter confusion, a hectic shrill of the dedicated fans, and the laughter of the unbelieved. A large photo of a pretty looking Monita and a beaming Nathan came up onto the screen with an adorable chubby red cheeked baby with Nathan’s eyes in Nathan’s arms.

“So as unexpected as this is for everyone, it’s the same with us!” Siva said taking up the part, “Her name is Rosie Lee Sykes,”

The fans suddenly screamed insanely. I could pick up faintly from the front row the screaming tears of the excited fans,

“We Love you Nathita!!!!” an many more cries came from the crowd.

“We’re Glad Nathan Came!!!” Jay said and Tom laughed infectiously and Glad You Came started to play. This was one of the longer concerts that they were playing, some of the songs like Gold Forever, Lose My Mind, Personal Soldier, Weakness (Of which Tom would look back and wink at me every now and then) and covers like, Fix You by Coldplay (I’m in LOVE with Coldplay so this was mental for me), Animal by Neon Trees (I’m also in LOVE with them), Iris and stuff like that.