Chapter 16: Boots and Dingo

A/N: Just so you know, if you haven't kind of noticed it's straying further and further towards Tom Tom and Richie instead of Monita and Nathan. There WILL be a little more of Monny and Nath as well as the other guys, I certainly HAVEN'T forgotten about them <3 Just focusing a little more on this complication at the mo haha :) Hope you enjoy, and don't freak if you don't get something, just ask. I mightn't have explained it right <3

Love you all

Madi x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It came and went without a second thought or the painful suspicion of a slow drive. Sam then got out of the car and closed the door, seconds later appeared behind me with the rucksack over one of his large shoulders.

“Quick get out. You and Raenne are going to stay here for now,” he said half dragging me out when I didn’t move instantly.

“I’m coming! I’m coming!” I exclaimed angrily and shove his hands off me. He took a step back and scanned around the bush cautiously. I got out and unbuckled Richie as well, “She doesn’t like it when you call her Raenne,” I say gently pulling her towards me and sat her in an upright position. I felt like I was playing with an oversized doll, Only this doll means more to you than any other doll would for a child.

“Stay here, I’m going to get rid of the car,” he said instead of reply. “Don’t move from the bushes, try not to move and make sure you don’t make a sound,” he said picking up Richie and carrying her through the bushes to where the bush cloaked the ground. “Here,” he insisted.

I got down grudgingly and he shoved a shotgun into my hands. My eyes went wide, “Shoot only if it’s the last resort. I’ll call out Flash so you know it’s me,” he continued and placed Richie down gently into my arms and pushed away a lock of her hair slowly. His finger lingered at her pale skin before he looked up and met my eyes, “Shot first,”

“Ask questions later,” I finish. He strained a smile and left.

I lay Richie down next to me and rested on my back, considering the hot white pain that came from lying on my stomach. Maybe I should have a look at it, I think and lower my head to were some red was seeping through the shirt. With shaky hands I reached out and touched the zipper on my neck, Come on, I say prepping myself to look at the wound. I took a deep breath, and then another.

“Three,” I whisper. Breathe out, “Two,” Breath in, “One.” A series of sudden gunshots made me jump. Seconds later the sound of sheep BAAAaaa ing followed. My hands went from the zipper to a bush were I pushed away the leaves to try and get a look. Some more gunshots fired and then the sound of several police sirens went off. If Sam gets caught, I think with dread.

“He won’t,” a voice said beside me. I jumped and fumbled for the gun but before I could hold the dam thing right the guy was laughing. I frowned and pointed the gun at him, sitting up quickly with a lot of pain. “Don’t fret man,” the guy continued with a heavy South African accent over his dusty tanned face.

“Who are you?”

“Boots is my name,” the guy said lifting a finger and pushed the barrel away from his face. “I work with Falcon.” I snapped the gun barrel back into his face, more sure now.

“I don’t know a Falcon,” I say sternly. “And I don’t know you,” I continued. Richie coughed and his gaze snapped down to her.

“Raenne?” he asked and I tensed, pushing the gun to his chest as he went to move forward. He looked back with a sigh, “I’m not going to hurt you,”