1: Beginnings

"Yeri, hurry! We're up next!"

Kim Yerim was startled back to focus. She was unable to keep her eyes away from the small TV placed on the walls of the Music Bank dressing room.

BTS were currently on. Spring Day; a very beautiful song, Yeri thought. BTS' concept was a lot more sweet this time. Of course, they also came back with 'Not Today' which was super catchy and powerful but Yeri seemed to prefer the soft and gentle voices and visuals of Spring Day a little more. Both were strikingly different to BTS' previous 'Blood, Sweat and Tears' which was probably her personal favourite...

Oh - Jungkook appeared. Yeri's gentle heart skipped a beat: that boy sure was handsome. Ever since the first ever time she met BTS, on the stage of an end-of-year show a couple years back, Jungkook had always caught her eye - maybe it was some maknae-attraction, who knows.

It was a shame that they could only give empty bows towards eachother any time they saw eachother. Anything else would be far too suspicious, and lo and behold all the haters that would be ruthlessly commenting, moments later, on any and every interaction. Yeri would most probably get the worst of it too; BTS' popularity rocketed over the past year; they were real famous now with millions and millions of die-hard fans...

She had never even talked to Jungkook, not even backstage; they always seemed to be in the wrong places at the wrong time - away from eachother.

To be honest, Yeri didn't even know what she'd say or do if she ever did talk to him face-to-face. She was still a teenager, and very naive when it came to love...

But she was happy Red Velvet and BTS were coming back at the same time - she'd be able to see him a couple times a week, when she was dressed up and looking pretty too.

"Ya! Kim Yeri!!" She jerked back in to focus, once again. Her manager was facing her, violently swatting the air, towards the stage.

"Ah, sorry!" Yeri apologised, quickly rising from her seat and rushing to join her members. Today was finally their comeback - Rookie. Their music video was released a few days ago, and was currently doing very well, garnering a lot more views than their previous music videos; it made all the members really happy and they practiced very long and hard for their comeback stages! Now it was finally time.

Yeri wondered if Jungkook would look at her performance too...

***

BTS returned to their dressing room, just after finishing their stage. The screams of their fans energized them all after the tiring performance. Their fans seemed to enjoy their recent comeback, it was very well received and even beat various YouTube records.

Jungkook plonked himself down in to the sofa, sinking deep in to the comfortable plush.

'Next is Red Velvet, with their new comeback, Rookie!'

All the members found themselves turning towards the TV. They all were secret fans of Red Velvet, the girls seemed cute and talented. They were one of the very first girl groups, at the time, who BTS wanted to get close to, when they were still somewhat rookies. Not to mention, every member was super gorgeous and charming...

The music started and J-Hope started cheering - he was definitely their #1 fanboy.

Jungkook searched the TV screen, tying to look for someone. A few seconds later, his heart jumped. There she was. Kim Yeri, her vibrant smile brightening the screen.

He was always kinda fond of Yeri - he found her cute and bubbly, and her smile always made his heart feel some kind of way. But he'd never express anything, or he tried not to. He always found himself shy whenever around her and tried avoiding her to prevent any awkward situations. Plus, there were the fans too, which was a constant worry whenever mixed with female idols.

I guess he'd have to survive only bowing to her every now and again; anything else would be too risky.

But he really wanted to talk to her, atleast once. Besides his inability to talk to girls, he just felt that she'd be a really cheerful girl to interact with.

I mean, the next few weeks they'd be seeing eachother a lot more... maybe they could slip a few words to eachother between stages? But he's never even spoken to her, what was he thinking?

Jungkook shook his head, averting his eyes away from the screen - he needed to stop with these one-sided fantasies that could never ever happen.

They were both famous idols, relationships were a no-go area.

**

ajsjdkks hey guys! ^^ ok so i've deadass been binge-watching jungri videos back-to-back for the past couple months and omg i never realised how cute they are!!

so i came here to read some fluffy jungri fics but there's barely any 'realistic' ones so i thought i'd write one myself :) bare in mind this is my first ever story so apologies if it ends up really bad haha!

oh, and also i'll just upload jungri edits as the chapter media but it won't correlate with the story or anything, they're just all so cute <3 (and credits to all the people who edited these, i forgot who did which one ><)

oh and im not gnna have a set time for uploading, i guess i don't want any pressure or restrictions so i'll post whenever haha

OK BYE, PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT CHAPTER (which i'll probably upload today too lmfao)