| Chapter Six | Chara Rose

Princess Jessica yanks a knife out of the back of my shoulder suddenly making me groan. She drops the knife making it hit the forest floor. We ended in the Dead Woods, one of the obstacles that separate Estron territory from Skaldia territory. I want to avoid the mountains and going to the other side of the mountains wouldn't be smart since it is plains, but no cover and that's a route for trade between Estron and Skaldia. I don't know Estron's position on this. The Dead Woods is a dense and dark forest, it's almost like a diseased forest. No one goes through it because of the rumors of Dark Wizards living in it and possessing people. And with the Arex Island so close to the Dead Woods, I wouldn't be surprised if Jess and I found a Dark Mage here. 

"You're bleeding." She said. I get up, I wrapped my leg where I got hit, but she insists that I stay put to rest. I feel fine, we need to get out of these Woods, the river is close by. The river that splits the top off from the rest of the forest.

"I'm fine. But we do need to get out of the woods." I said. Jess suddenly flinches and instantly grabs my arm moving against me.

"What was that?" She asks fearful. My eyes look over at the treetops, seeing someone crouched down on one of the tree branches, looking at us. And..this person doesn't seem to be very threatening, but that doesn't mean anything if this person is a dark wizard.

"You guys shouldn't be here, it is a really bad idea." They said. They jump off their branch and land on their feet, they cross their arms when they stand up straight.

"Who are you?" Jessica asks.

"I'm Chara Rose...so...Prince Adam and Princess Jessica. Interesting." Chara said. Chara has long dark maroon hair, her left eye is red while the other is blue, she has pale skin, black boots with a red battle shirt and a silver top with a weapons belt that has a sword and vials attached it it and also has a black bandana around her neck like me.

"Mage?" I ask. She nods.

"I see no point in denying it with you, Prince you are pretty smart after all. How about I heal those wounds for you?" She asks. Jessica shakes her head.

"No way." She said.

"I thought healing magic was a lost art." I said. Jessica grips my arm as if I offended her or something. To be honest, magic has always interest me. While others, like Jessica, don't like the magical community because of the whole Dark Mages vs Light Mages thing that is currently going on. Chara gives me a small smile and nods.

"True. True. But I had a good Master and still have a good one. Sit down, I'll have you healed up in no time." She said. Jessica pulls on my arm.

"Don't. Adam, we don't know what she could do to you." Jessica said. I look at her. What could possibly be worse?

"Are you the one with stab wounds?" I ask her. She shakes her head. "Exactly. Have you actually ever took the chance to talk to a mage before?" She shakes her head again. "Let me guess, your father kept you in the palace?" She nods. Chara sits me down. Jess looks real nervous about this, Clara rubs her hands together and than puts her hands on both sides of my injured shoulder and mumbles what I assume is a spell. Jess looks uncomfortable with this though. I feel the strength come back in my shoulder and I let out a breath. Chara than starts unwrapping my leg.

"If I wanted to kill you two, you would already be dead." Chara said. That's when I heard voices, familiar voices. I look towards them, feeling Chara starting to heal my leg. Jess looks towards them too. Who are they?