| Chapter Four | Real Or Fake All Along?

You don't wanna know how many times I have rewritten this chapter...

"I'll come by latee, I need to go do something real quick Jason." I said. He nods.

"Alright, Red and Ross are already waiting at the usual training place. See ya." He said before he leaves. I look over at Jessica, or actually...Jess. Because that fits better. I walk besides her.

"You know my father is suppose to be at Shivoa, discussing better trade plans with King Mitchell."  She said. I look at her, we are in the back of the castle outside. Most of what is behind the castle is abandoned, the citizens all live at the front of the castle. I see her smile. "It ain't that far you know, the ocean."

"Yeah but there also happens to be quite the long drop off a tall cliff, Jess." I said. She looks at me.

"Jess?" She asks me. I nod.

"Yeah, instead of saying Princess Jessica, Jess." I said. She gives me a small smile and looks away from me.

"I should probably go." She said. Wait...I grab her arm, stopping her. "What? Let go of me." Where are the guards? They're are always guards posted here. I hear moment behind us, and it's hurried movement as well. I grab Jess and pull her forward with me getting a sharp pain sting up my leg. I grit my teeth and I see Jess's eyes widen. I look behind me and shock instantly washes over me.

"Ro-Ross? What are you doing?" I ask him. He pulls out two knives. I look at my leg seeing a knife in it. Ross grips the knives in his hands.

"Can you make this easy, Adam? Your father said to make it quick." He said. My father what....Jessica pushes against my chest and I let go of her.

"I thought you were his friend. Why are you trying to kill him?" Jess asks. Ross looks at Jess and than at me. I can see him about to throw those two knives.

"I was also ordered to leave no witnesses." He said. I ball my hands into fists, I could take Ross down. But than he would kill Jess and I can't let that happen. I sweep Jess off her feet and hold her in my arms.

"Prince, wh-" I run and Ross follows. I feel the two knives pierce into me making me wince and the knife in my leg is hurts like nether right. Jess buries her face into my shoulder, her arms are wrapped around my neck. I let go of her legs, I yank out the knife in my leg making me groan loudly. I turn around halfway, dodging a knife and throwing one back at Ross and it goes into is arm. Of course I can't fatal wound him, I put my arm under Jess's legs and run out of Skaldia and into the Shigen Desert. 

Jess looks pass my shoulder, I don't know where to go. I stop on a dune and look around us. Ocean to the west..Skaldia east...but Estron is south. I turn south, running best I can. Jess grips my shoulder and looks at me.

"Yo-You're hurt." She said shakily. I can feel her shaking in my arms. I got hit in my right leg and twice in my back. She struggles in my arms slightly. "Turn around, there are peop--" I shake my head.

"You don't understand what is going on, do you?" I ask her. She doesn't respond so I continue. "We have to put as much distance between us and Skaldia and also Isra. And you can't run on sand in those heels." She rests her head against my shoulder, not talking at all.

But I'm confused, I mean..no..Ian isn't here. It was the perfect time since Ian is like my shadow, that's what makes him a good bodyguard and with him gone...it was the right moment. And yet I never expected it to be Ross, I mean...was he always pretending to be my friend or is this just recent?