1. A Little Less Than Average (PART TWO)

PART TWO

1

*Felicity*

I woke up slowly blinking. There were tons of tubes stuck to me and I had a booming headache. I couldn't really lift myself up. I was so weak. I turned my head and looked to the side of me. Izzy was in a chair sleeping a couple feet away.

I tried to speak, but barely anything came out. Then I coughed. Izzy's eyes shot open. He transported right next to me. "Felicity." He ran his hand through my hair.

"Hi." I said in a husky voice.

"How are you feeling?"

"Awful."

"Well, technically you did die for almost a minute."

I smiled. "How long have I been asleep? I feel so stiff."

"You've been out for two weeks."

"Two weeks?!" I started coughing. Everything still hurt.

"Yeah, the doctor said that because you had practically nothing left of you it's harder to regenerate."

"Why am I alive anyways?"

"I don't know. My father still won't tell me. He wanted you to hear it too. And from someone else."

"Oh, that's weird."

"Yeah. I know."

"Also, I have a question."

"Yes?"

"Do you really love me?"

He smiled. "Yes. I do."

"Prove it." I said smiling.

He leaned down and slowly kissed me. His lips are so soft and inviting. Something about the way he kissed me left me wanting so much more. I couldn't let him go. Finally someone cleared their throat.

He pulled away from me. I was still lying in the bed because I was still weak. His dad walking in.

"Well, I see you're feeling a little bit better."

I blushed. "Yes, thank you."

"Well, you still need to get a bit better."

"Why was I asleep for so long?"

"They kept you asleep on purpose so that you didn't use any energy getting better. You needed all you could get. But they finally decided last night to let you wake up and let the drugs wear off."

"I see."

"Do you know why I'm still alive?"

"Not entirely, but I know someone that does."

"When can we go see him?"

"As soon as you're strong enough to walk. He's very old so we need to go see him. Also his wife is on her death bed, so we don't have much time left."

We both nodded. He walked out.

Izzy looked at me and smiled. "Was it just me, or was that kiss incredible."

"It wasn't just you."

"Good."

"I love you too, Izzy." He caressed my face. "Thank you." I said quietly.

"For what?"

"Saving me."

"It wasn't me."

"No, it was. You rescued me from everything. That school, my self destructive self. I love you."