6. A Little Less Than Average (PART TWO)

6

*Izzy's POV*

We've been at my mother's house for two weeks. I kind of want to leave but at the same time I don't. Felicity is so happy here. She's practically glowing with excitement all the time. I've never been so in love with that girl. We don't get much sleep at night though, if you catch my drift.

It was the end of week two and she was in the kitchen peeling potatoes. She still has my mother's power, but she wanted to do it the real way because she's never done it before. I laughed, but we got her the stuff.

I was in the living room talking to my mom.

"So, honey what are you going to do?"

"Well, I figure since Lucious is kin if we get dad to put his finger on the locator we might be able to find him. If obviously won't work for me because I'm a bit more distantly related. But Lucious is smart so it's probably not going to work. I already tried his real last name and his one now, but he's off the charts. I can't find him anywhere. I've been keeping tabs on Tristan though and we might be in luck there because he's constantly in this place that's in the middle of nowhere."

"I see. I would love to help, but there's really not really much I can do. Also have you noticed something different about Felicity or is that just me?"

Like what do you mean?"

"I don't know, I just get the distinct feeling something's different."

"I have to admit I get that vibe too, but it's like not her personality or anything, just the way she is."

We got up and walked into the kitchen. Right as we did we both gasped. Everything around felicity was up in the air. She wasn't even paying attention. And when I say everything, I mean everything. Cupboards, chairs, cups, plates, or utensils.

She looked up, "What?"

My mouth was hanging open. My mother, who actually has the power, can't lift this many things at once. Especially things this heavy! Felicity looked around. "Oops. Is this me?" Everything went back in its place.

We were both still staring open mouthed. "Fel-Felicity, is everything alright?" My mom asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because sweetie, I have that power and I couldn't even lift as much as you just did."

"Really? Wow."

"Come sit in the living room."

Felicity got up and we all walked to the living room. We sat down. "Okay, now Felicity, relax."

She took a deep breath and smiled. "I'm relaxed."

"Use your own ability."

She closed her eyes and did as she was told.

After a couple minutes of silence and just her making confused faces her eyes shot open and she gasped.

"What?! What's the matter?" I asked flashing over and sitting next to her. I took her hand.

"I-I heard her."

"Who?"

She looked at me with wide eyes. "Izzy, I'm pregnant."

My heart stopped for a second then picked up double time. "Whoa whoa whoa, back up! You said you heard her?! Who's her?!"

She looked down at her stomach. "Our baby."

My stomach flipped a little. 'Our baby.' That's so weird. "We-well, what did she say?" I said shakily.

"Well, she didn't really say anything, but I felt the presence of a mind. It's quite strange really."

"Mom, you were pregnant as an abnormal what's going to happen?"

My mom had just been sitting there calmly thinking. "Well, being pregnant as an abnormal with your first child is really hectic. First of all, it's much quicker than a human pregnancy. It's only about six to seven months." She paused. "Okay, now we're going to go over a little abnormal sex ed." She looked over at Alan who was leaning against the archway. "Go to your room, you're too young for this."

"Mom, I've had sex ed at school!"

"Too bad. March mister!"

He huffed and walked upstairs. She turned back to us. "Okay, first of all when you first have sex with your other half you gain a lot of power. So much that some of your most striking qualities that made you an abnormal in the beginning are even more prominent. Obviously you've passed that stage. You both are more highly aware of everything, and even more so of each other. You're more attracted to each other and it's hard to separate for the first like two years. It's nearly unbearable. We're not like humans. Our attachment to the person we love goes far deeper. It's painful to be away. Now obviously my husband and I have passed that stage. I still hate being away from him, but we have other priorities to keep each other and our children safe. Anyways, you've now become one, and feed off each other pretty much. That's where a lot of the power comes from. Each other. That's also why for the next six months Felicity is going to be the most dangerous person alive. She has another source of power."

"The baby." She answered.

"Correct. This is your first child, so obviously it's abnormal as well. It doesn't need it's power, so you can fully feed off of that. When it's born, another is born somewhere else in the world. Usually fate makes it easy on us and it's close. Then all you know is the last name of the family. Because you've met the family before and something in you just knows it's them. You go visit. Mingle a little and what not. That's what we did with your family Felicity. They were very nice people."

"What if you don't meet the family?"

"You would've had to. You're drawn to the family. It's just the way it goes."

I looked at Izzy. "So it's someone we've met?"

"Who?"

"Jessica and Jake?"

"Tristan and Fallon?"

"Sarah and Michael?"

"I don't know. This is so weird." I said.

"I know."

"It's too early in the pregnancy to tell who the other family is. You'll find out eventually. But for a while Felicity, you're going to have too much power for you to handle."

"Oh jeez. Is that why everything was floating in the kitchen?"

"Most likely."

"Wow, this is just too much. Everything is finally all normal or as normal as can be, and then I get pregnant and am even more powerful."

"Actually you're probably the most powerful creature alive as of now."

She covered her face and I just wrapped my arm around her. "It's fine. We'll be okay. This is a good thing. We're having a baby."

She smiled up at me. I leaned down and pecked her on the lips. Then her face changed. "I'm starving!"

I laughed and we went and finished peeling the potatoes.

**Okay this was really just an informational chapter. It's kind of interesting though. And you find out it's a girl! I think the next chapter is going to have some more of Lucious' POV in it just to clarify some things. Also, who do you think the other family will be? Also sorry for just throwing in Sarah and Michael. If you don't remember she was the girl that ran to tell John somehting was wrong in part one of the story and she was in the jail/cage/dungeon with Felicity at Lucious' headquarters. So is it Jessica and Jake, Tristan and Fallon, or Sarah and Michael? Give meh your opinion!**