8. A Little Less Than Average (PART TWO)

8

"Do we have enough food?" I asked Izzy. He nodded and put on the backpack. I threw mine on too along with Jake.

We were getting ready to go and search for Jessica.

Izzy's mother was really reluctant to see us go, but we had to. I was determined to get Jessica back alive. If she didn't then who knows what would happen to our own baby.

We set off. We have plenty of money. Izzy made sure of that.

We got on a train to Alaska. It was a long ride so we sat and drew out our plan.

We knew that his lair was there somewhere. Izzy has gotten stronger and can now think of someone and see where they are and not have to actually transport to where they are.

I was sitting on the train next to Izzy and Jake was sitting across from us. Izzy had his arm around my shoulders and his hand on my stomach. I loved that. I love it when he just holds me.

I decided to try listening to our little girl again. That's when I got the surprise of my life. I heard two. I screamed. "What?!?" Izzy yelled holding me.

"I...I...I'm not sure."

"Why'd you scream?"

I was staring in shock at my belly. Is it possible? Can I possibly be having twins? Twin girls none the less. "Izzy...I think I'm having twins."

His eyes got as wide as the moon. "Twi-twins?" He stuttered out. "Is that even possible?!"

"I have no idea! But I heard two minds in my stomach just now! Two girls!"

"Twin girls?"

"Yes."

Jake was staring incredulously. "I can't see how this is possible. I mean you're only supposed to have one child with an ability and the second child is supposed to be normal and have an average human birth. It's never happened that there are two gifted children."

"Well...I mean there are flukes all the time. I mean my father is the younger child, but he's the one with the ability."

"That's one thing. I've actually heard a couple cases of that, but I have never heard of twin first borns."

"Will like one be normal and come out on time and the other like three or four months later?" I asked.

"I don't know. Can you tell if they're the same size?"

"Well, I only heard one before but it was really weak. Now that they're bigger I can hear two individual thoughts."

"You need to talk to professor Udelie about that. I'm sure he'd know something about it."

"We should, but we have more taxing things on our minds right now."

*Fallon's POV*

I woke up kind of dazed in my bed I stayed in. I saw Tristan sleeping next to me. I sat up and put a blanket over him. I love having him with me again. I missed him so much before it hurt and now I never want him to leave me again.

I laid on his chest and closed my eyes. I felt his arms wrap around me. I looked up at him and he smiled down at me.

"Hello." He whispered.

I smiled. "Hey."

"Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah, much. I guess Lucious was just using my ability too much."

"You scared me really bad there for a minute."

"Yeah, sorry about that."

He caressed my face, leaned up and kissed me. I laid down on top of him and kissed him back. The joy of having him here holding me again was indescribable.