5. A Little Less Than Average

5

We dropped into a warm room.  It was blue with a queen sized bed and a dresser and everything a normal room would have.

“Where are we?”

He smiled.  “My room.”

“At your house?”

“Yep.  It was the first place I thought of that we could go that would be safe.”

“Good idea.”

I heard peoples steps coming up the staircase.  It’s weird it’s like with reading minds my senses are all more acute because I guess I can see more.  Also, I wanted to try something.  I can read minds, but something tells me I can do more.  I can try on Izzy thought because he’s too easily manipulated by me.  I need someone else.  I guess I’ll have to try later.

Then there was like an alarm in my head.  We aren’t safe here. Those footsteps aren’t good ones.

“Izzy, we have to get out of here.”

“Why?”

“I think the people are searching everywhere for us.  You have to take us somewhere else.  I think they’re here.”

“Let’s not take any chances.”

Right as the door burst open I caught eyes with the most cynical man I’ve ever seen, he had a nasty scar across his left eye, then we were gone. 

We landed in a department store changing room.  “Why the hell did we land here?”

“I have no idea.  But we might as well shop while we’re here.”

“Good idea.  But we have no money.”

“Actually I grabbed some cash before I went and rescued you at the school.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.  Only about two hundred dollars though.”

“That’s enough to get us one decent wardrobe.  Then we can figure something else out later.”

“Okay.”

We snuck out of the changing room and started shopping.  I found some skinny jeans a simple blue t-shirt and a black sweatshirt.  We don’t have that much money so it’s best to go simple.  I actually managed to convince Pross to let me keep my converse at the school because no one would be able to see them because the dress was so long.

Izzy got a pair of attractive jeans and a white t-shirt and black sweat shirt like mine.

We went up and bought the clothes.  The lady looked at us funny and gave us a receipt.

We went into the dressing room and changed into the clothes.

It was too hot for the sweat shirt and the t-shirt fit my curves nicely.  So this was the first time Izzy saw me in normal clothes.  Yes, he stared.  ‘Damn.’  He thought.

“Shut up lover boy.  Let’s get out of here.”

He grabbed my hand and we went somewhere else.

“Where are we now?”  I looked around.  It was a cabin.

“We’re in my family’s safe house.  No one knows about it but the family and you.”

“I see.  Well what’s here that can help us?”

“Come with me.”

He grabbed my hand and dragged me to the basement. It had a metal door guarding it.  He punched in a code and it unlocked.